[Suggestion] Streamline the "Selling" subforum

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Eulenax, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Greetings, humans! I arrive from an extraterrestrial planet - WITH AN IDEA!

Often times, people are looking to sell items; but, oh my! Look at all that clutter in the Auction House! Why, if I posted there, I'd be a distant memory on page 6 within a few minutes! Without the ability to bump threads, what am I ever to do?

<Selling subforum enters, stage left>
    There it is! My savior! If only there were some way to ensure a quick sale at the best price...

My suggestions are as follows:
    1. Add a timer to the "Selling" subforum, set at the seller's discretion.
    2. Allow players to indicate their level of interest in an item by placing a bid on said item. In doing so, they "put down money", showing that they mean business and fully intend to purchase the item.
    3. Implement a gladiatorial fight-to-the-finish! The person who is willing to pay the most for an item is the one who is allowed to buy it. Under this new paradigm, players can quickly make sales of product while ensuring the highest possible price is being paid.
    A few caveats...

• Obviously, this new hypothetical Selling forum would be for EMC's business-minded exclusively! Unlike the Auction forum, players are required to make serious sales - nothing less than a DC. Otherwise, EMC's economy may just be brought to a halt. Exchanging one item at a time? Simply ridiculous!
    • To combat the spam of the current Auction section, allow players hosting auctions to make a "bump" on their post once every three hours.
    • As this new and improved Selling section would comprise a large part of EMC's economic activity, allow players to make posts in the in-game chat. This encourages players to interact with the forums, and see sales that they may well have missed otherwise.
    There you have it! Let me know how awesome you think this idea is.
    ~FunWart
  2. no #letsusbumpagain
    ConductorConduit and BenMA like this.
  3. I think this could be good. +1