[Suggestion] Site Tool To Send Rupees

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by azoundria, Feb 7, 2017.

?

houldSay hisTay eBay uiltBay?

ayYay 3 vote(s) 100.0%
ayNay 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. The idea being that if you have to pay for something, you can just log into the forums and fill in a form.

The advantages:
    • There are times when you don't have Minecraft, like if you're at work or in class or at a friend's house on their PC.
    • Using the site is substantially faster. If you notice you won an auction, you could pay for it in 30 seconds instead of 10 minutes loading Minecraft.
    • If, heaven forbid, you should ever lose access to an account or your PC hard drive is fried, you could still use the rupees there.
    Something like this could enable new features too:
    • Businesses could put 'buy now' links on their threads, which would assist with placing the order and sending the money straight from the site. Like if someone is a bulk supplier they can have a link to let you order a DC of sandstone and it would automatically send the rupees and fill in the description. Then in their rupee history they know what the money was for.
    • Donation links, for example if someone is starting a new build or having a community event and wants people to contribute rupees, they could put an easy link for people and get a lot more donations. And it could also be tracked like above.
    Anyways, let me know what you think!
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. +1 on my part. I often am not able to log onto the servers, and will have to use Minechat or something of the sort to send rupees through my phone.
  3. Wow that was 5 years ago now, I like it
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I would love this. But I think it'll take a while for it to be implemented.
    Honestly, I think it's a much-needed function.
    One of my first threads on these forums was asking how to send rupees via the site. I thought I was simply missing the option. But as it turned out, it didn't actually exist.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. if this was to be implanted, I would like there to be some kind of code that you would need, just in case someone had access to your account, they could not use it to send rupee's to other accounts, and even more if you are unable to get online for a long time frame from say working out of the country, or on vacation.... Just increased security.
    Vortixin, 607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. Just force 2FA to be enabled before you can access that part of the site.
    Mock up (#inspectelementftw):

7. And the ability to disable it, and to enable it you would require a 2FA to prove that it is you and not someone using your account...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Hm, couldn't it be made so that you need to do two factor authentication for sending rupees only? I would like to be able to use this feature, but wouldn't want to have 2FA turned on standard.
  9. The two factor option is definitely there. I personally don't think the risk is very high. Anyone who stole rupees would be banned. It would be pretty obvious who did it because they would have to send the rupees to themselves to steal them.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Or they could Robin Hood and send to random people :p but yes good point as well.
    607 likes this.
  11. Well if you have these kinds of concerns then enable two-factor authentication. Personally I think the risk of that is low (given that generous people and thieves tend to be different groups of people). I get much more worried about losing the second authentication factor and not being able to access my account.
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. If someone has access to your account I think you have much different things to worry about than them having access to a payment services like this.

Or to troll by framing someone else. So you can't really assume these things.
    607, Equinox_Boss and jkrmnj like this.
  13. On the topic of someone logging into your account, I have to agree with ShelLuser: The trick is to have a secure account no matter what. If someone does get into your account, the IP address can always be tracked as well.

As for the idea, I really like it although it seems like something that won't happen until our version of Xenforo updates. Given how that hasn't happened yet, I am going to guess a very, very long time if ever.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Hey, that's completely true, I didn't even think of that argument.
    If somebody got access to my forum account with malicious intents and decided to use it merely to get rid of my rupees... I'd be really happy. :p If somebody gets access to your account who would do something like that, you've probably got other things to worry about...
    ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  15. In that case, the recipient can return the money and they'll sort it out themselves - no need to even involve staff.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.