[SUGGESTION] Shulkerized Vault

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by KnightZer0ne, Sep 17, 2017.

1. The other day I was doing a lot of building and I was in and out of my vaults very often. Sometimes I would need to traverse from vault 3 to 11 then back to 8 then over to 5 to get the materials I needed. This idea popped into my mind and I thought, yea...this could be better. So I have looked into recent suggestions that applied to shulker boxes and vaults and did not find this exact idea. So I logged into the game, and found Carolmoss. After some explaining, she directed me back here to create a new suggestion on this topic.

The closest thread I was able to find to this was old and said it would be rude to bump it. That thread can be found here : https://empireminecraft.com/threads...e-all-vaults-menu-default.72478/#post-1343684

I do like the progress discussed in the above thread, and look forward to what the developers come up with in regards to these features. On this topic, I present another facet that I believe could be beneficial to the community and make browsing vaults more intuitive. Yes, I know the name your vault pages exists, and I probably should do that, but even with my vaults named Wood, Stone, Weapons, ect... I would still not be as informed as I could be if the vaults were "Shulkerized".

What do I mean by that obviously made up term?

Here we can see that when you hover your mouse over a shulker box in your inventory, and there are contents in the box, it will display the first 5 items, and give you a quantity of additional slots occupied:

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

In Exhibit A we find various items that a named vault to Promos or Random might both apply, but the information I gain when I look at the pop-out menu lets me know in-depth what is in there at a glance. Exhibit B shows us that not only do we know this is a Coal Box, but it also gives us quantities. In Exhibit C we find another random assortment that Weapons, Armor, or Tools that all could apply for a name of this box / potential vault page.

The suggestion is to apply the above logic and coding that could possibly already be there for the tweaking via the shulker mechanics and then apply them to the all vault page as shown here in....

Exhibit D

This would allow one to simply hover over the vault chests page like one can do with shulker boxes in their inventory or an ender chest and see the contents within the box / chest itself.

As I said above, I am all for the option to be able to change the default image of the boxes to other images as suggested in that other thread, but I also feel this could take things a step further and give us more insight into the world of vaults. It is my hope that this would be something relatively simple that the developers could utilize to help the Empire at large. It is understandable, however, if it is a coding nightmare, and too much for feasibility.

Regardless, I thought it was good enough to merit a suggestion in the box. :)

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
  2. Not bad! I love the idea it would defiantly be helpful rather than clicking through every page
  3. This thread is very old, and in most cases it is rude to "bump" it again.
    Consider starting a new thread instead.
    meh
    +1

Edit for TL : DR's: When doing /vault list, show shulkers containing the items instead of chests
    EmpireMall and FadedMartian like this.
  4. what resource pack is that lol +1
  5. +9001
    We need this.
    ZanDarkin2 likes this.
  6. It is cool to hear you guys like the suggestion. My reply here is not really to bump the thread, but to reply to the inquiry about the resource pack. I use one called Persistence, but I delete out some of the mobs as the regular old cow looks better than the bug-eyed one in the pack. I also am not fond of most of the more detailed hostile mobs, which I mention as a disclaimer :confused: Some of the mobs are nice such as dogs and cats. Here is a link on planet minecraft for the pack if you want to check it out.

https://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/joenoedoe/

Yea, the link has another, I believe older name, but it is now called Persistence.

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  7. I believe shulkers are like Ender chests, you can't transfer their inventories of the contents between servers. If possible then yes, please add it. If we can't, well my belief was true :/
  8. +1

looking 4 stuff in ur vaults is a lot harder than it was b/c u cant get an easy list of names anymore. using ur mouse 2 go over every small box is no fun anymore with 100+ vaults and this could help
  9. It's a nifty idea but if you don't have say everything the same in a vault then you'll still need to open it up to see what's there.
    So great idea but it won't accomplish what believe was your initial idea before the suggestion. Which was knowing what lies within the vault itself. As you've demonstrated only the first 5 items are known within the shulker box. So unless hovering over the vault chest will list each item that resides inside. I feel we're still forced to open the vault to check the other 39 slots of items for what we want.
  10. well a pic is easier 2 recognize than a name
  11. +1

EDIT: It would be very useful to me as I have 255 vaults. This would allow me to see quickly which vaults are empty.
    ZanDarkin2 likes this.
  12. very true but you still will not know for sure what is within the vault unless the first 5 items listed are some how based on what you've designated that vault to hold.