[SUGGESTION] Scenery around town edges

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by We3_MPO, Oct 13, 2022.

?

What do you think?

Yes 2 vote(s) 100.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
With representation 1 vote(s) 50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I know this has already been suggested. Sorry if I'm not allowed to re-suggest it; if that's the case, you're welcome to close the thread. The suggestion has been dormant for over nine years, though. It also didn't go into much detail.

Personally, I believe that either the scenery should be world-edited in from a single-biome type world, or given to the build team to build. Staff probably don't have time for it, and allowing just anyone to volunteer would get messy very quickly.

I'd also like people with a residence on a particular SMP to be allowed to vote on what biome is built/edited in around the edges, which would allow representation. They should also be given plenty of time to vote on it (maybe a few months?) so that the temporarily inactive likely get a chance. However, if it's not something that would be voted on, I'd suggest the following for these SMPs:
    1: windswept forest
    2: jagged peaks
    3: windswept savanna
    4: old growth spruce taiga
    5: dark forest
    6: jungle
    7: snowy plains
    8: desert
    9: wooded badlands

P.S.: I'd only want this for the regular nine SMPs, though. I'd still like the utopia town to remain barren, to keep it a neutral environment. Either that, or surround the utopia town with a wide range of scenery instead of just a single biome. If someone's unhappy with the utopian edge, there wouldn't be an alternative, but with regular SMPs, someone could still just move from one SMP to another if they're not happy with their surroundings.
    607 likes this.
  2. 607, We3_MPO and Tuqueque like this.
  3. Thanks! I just read it; I had no idea! Nonetheless, even if I did, I wouldn't have been sure whether to respond or start another thread, given the old thread notice at the bottom.
    607 likes this.