[ SUGGESTION ] Removing Locked Channels On Mumble

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MustangLover25, Jan 14, 2017.

?

Should the locked channels be removed?

Yes 6 vote(s) 17.6%
No 28 vote(s) 82.4%
  1. It has recently come to my and a few other's attention lately that majority of players on mumble are abusing the feature. We believe that these players are using the locked channels to isolate a select group of a few players including myself from speaking with them. While I believe that we should be able to create our own channels on mumble, we should not be able to create passwords that lock the channel. Lately the majority of players on mumble ( Some staff are even included in this group. ) have a password that they use to to create their own channel and keep a few individuals out making those few individuals feel excluded from everyone else. Isn't the whole purpose of mumble to bring the community together and not make others feel excluded?
    FadedMartian2 and Tbird1128 like this.
  2. No the point of mumble is to have a method of voice chat. You remove the private channels and people will leave mumble. Most people aren't doing it to exclude "a few people". It's to exclude everyone except for those that they want to talk to. And even if it is to exclude a few people, there's probably a reason that the player is getting excluded (Annoying voice, depressing to talk to, too immature, not playing the same game as those in the channel, etc.). -1
    ShelLuser, ShrinkingMatt and Krysyy like this.
  3. #BigShoutOutToMyTeamSpeakPeeps
  4. #discordsbetter
    NuclearBobomb, Aiyard, Roslyn and 2 others like this.
  5. @me bb
  6. Locked channels are very discriminatory and should be removed permanently
    FadedMartian2 likes this.
  7. -1. What if I want to chat with a few of my friends, but don't want other joining and being annoying?

How are they discriminatory?
  8. Maybe have a player limit of the locked ones?

I like to go in with 1-3 friends if i want to talk privately, but removing them does not help.
  9. If you remove locked channels, players will find another way to communicate with the people they want.
    Maybe try to get new people on Mumble!
  10. SkeleTin007 is one of the few individuals that I have mentioned.
  11. Was there really a need to quote me and tell me this? I didn't ask for any names. To me it seems a little rude to call people out on things.
  12. Group chat in game is not fully public. Should that be removed too?
  13. See this annoys me so much +1000
  14. -alice
    ScroogeMcFate likes this.
  15. -Revoked by me- Meh felt like it was too much

-1 I like my privacy with specific people and am not obligated to speak to everyone. Invite more of your friends to mumble if you see this as an issue. The more people you invite to mumble, the less left out you will be. (Make sure they get parents permission as well if they fall under the age of 18)
  16. Like i say, this would fix your problem, This way you wont have 15 people in one private group, lol
    FadedMartian2 and MustangLover25 like this.
  17. But what if i wanted to have a private chat with more than 3 people?
    RunderF likes this.
  18. That's a good point. Maybe have a 1-4 player limit then, that should fix it!
  19. what if I wanted 5 people?
  20. What if I wanted 6 though?