[suggestion] removing limit on reporting yourself

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by TheFryedmans, Jul 20, 2020.

1. have you been on emc when there has been no staff online?
    have you needed help while no staff members are on?
    have you realized that reporting yourself does not work?

in the past i have needed staff's help and there has been no staff online (not there fault). you might be thinking that there is /report and the staff will be able to see that and try and help you, but the thing is you can't report yourself cause "it's silly (what the wording says)".

there is also forums but in my cases most times i pm staff and i normally get a reply within 6 hours (not good if ur trapped places) and they really don't like them getting pinged or pm'd over discord

if you were able to report yourself i do understand that there would be more cases where they would be trolling the staff but this would allow staff to see who need help more easily.

disclaimer (thefryedmans is not criticising staff or any of the sort, thefryedmans has made sure to the best of their ability to see that it has not been suggested already.)
  2. I think I see the issue, you're thinking of a way to get the staff's attention a lot sooner than having to wait until one of them comes online and sees the report of another player?

I think I know what you are trying to say, and I like the idea, but unfortunately, I do not think this will expedite anything anytime soon.
  3. Reporting should be limited to rule breakers. However, there should be a way to get a staff members attention if a player needs help.

-1 to this specific suggestion.
    +1 to the idea of a way to get staffs attention.
    wafflecoffee, 607 and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  4. That sounds fair; however, on the forums we are encouraged to report our own posts. :p I don't think there's anything in the word 'report' that specifically suggests the breaking of rules, either.
    HazardousCode likes this.
  5. I don't like the way that works either, but considering how limited EMC is on forum features that can be added, its the best system available.
    607 likes this.
  6. This is not what the report feature is for. The report feature is specifically to report rule breakers so that we can handle them as soon as possible. When you use /report, we are notified ingame, in Square, and on Slack (which depending on a staff member's notification settings sometimes even means a ping to their device, like an incoming text, regardless of whether they are online).

If you have a non-rules related issue and no staff are online, please contact us on the forums OR see what you can do to resolve it on your own. If you have a question about something, there are likely non-staff online who would be able to answer it for you or help you with your situation. :) You'd be surprised how much help you can get from the community in a pinch!

I'm not too sure what you mean by "trapped places"; there shouldn't really be anywhere that you are getting trapped, since if in a protected area you can TP out and if in a non-protected area you can mine your way out. In the past we have had End portal issues, but I believe these have since been fixed, and unfortunately those rare instances are not quite enough to warrant use of our /report system. If there are other places in which you are frequently getting trapped–number one, stop going there–but number two, please let us (SS) know if you think that there is some sort of consistent issue that is causing trouble. It's possible a bug has slipped under the radar, and we will help you in the meantime and talk to Devs for the long-term fix should that be possible.