[Suggestion] Raise the character limit in the player guides section

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShelLuser, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi gang,

The title says it all. By default a post is limited to 10000 characters, but it seems the system also includes control codes and everything. For a somewhat more serious guide this can become highly annoying, also because a guide is per definition longer than a normal post.

Right now I'm looking at someting which metapad says is approx. 9800 bytes yet the forum still doesn't allow it. I can break it up but that also messes up my guide pretty good.

So I figured... I can always ask :D
    607 and Carbonyx like this.
  2. Hm, that would be nice...
    The only downside is less posts and less potential likes. But you can still break up a post, if you want. This could come in handy. :)
  3. YES I remember splitsing my guides up in three Posts, That really Isn't That fun to do. I'd also Like to ask for more space in the Posts themselves, as good guides get updated, and get new guides to them, wich get posted in the rest of the guide's thead. (Or for me)
    I only don't know if this is posseble... I know we're running on a really old version of som kind of forum software, one That doesn't seem to Like changes...
    All with all I think that this would really help. For all the guide posters out here... But it's mainly you Shelly, you know that...
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  4. I can't do it on a per-forum basis, but I just bumped it globally up to 15k.
  5. That is awesome news Aikar, that's really going to help out a lot!

Quality > quantity :)
    607 likes this.
  6. Hmm, wasn't this thread asking for a certain quantity increase? :p
    Gilixnup, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.