[Suggestion] Quick feature sign creation

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by PetezzaDawg, Apr 24, 2017.

?

Yes or Yes?

Yes! 2 vote(s) 100.0%
No! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Cool suggestion but maybe change it slightly! (Leave details in comments) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hey all, my ol' brain cogs started turning today when I had to set up 20 access signs for someone who won one of my auctions, and, I thought wouldn't it be cool if I could just slap the sign down and it'd auto fill all the access and username info onto it for me? Basically my idea is this: Seeing as you can't copy and paste onto signs, you could type a command like this /accesssign (player(s)). Then every sign you placed would be an access sign with that player(s) name(s) on it until you retyped the command, which would disable the feature. This could also possibly be adapted for use with other feature signs, though I haven't thought that one out. Access signs are just a particularly annoying one lots of us have to do on a regular basis because of auctions :rolleyes: Let me know what you think!
    ThaKloned likes this.
  2. You can use a Macro mod for this...
  3. The advantage of this is that it works for people who can't install mods, and you don't need to make a macro script. Though I suppose that is an option of they deny this suggestion.
  4. Would be a handy addition for sure.
  5. I myself use macro for thease kinds of things, but I can defenetly see it being usefull for other players.
  6. Bump, let me know what you think of it!
  7. Well, here's another approach which you could have used:

/res gadd mygroup shelluser, ayanamikun, thakloned, jelle68

This would create a group "mygroup" on your res with Aya, Kloned, Jelle and myself as members.

Then simply add the access sign but use #mygroup as the (only) name on the list. And you're done. So:

[ access ]
    #mygroup

Now you've set up an access sign which gives all 4 of us access to that chest. As an advantage all you now have to do is simply type out 'access' (without quotes) on the first line (you don't need to type the brackets yourself) and the name on the second. Edit: and simply paste the 2nd line in for ease of use (I confused myself with a book here).

Things to keep a look out for: the maximum amount of groups and amount of group members are determined by your status (regular or supporter).

Hope this can somewhat help ;)
    JohnKid likes this.
  8. Multiple names isn't the issue, multiple signs is. I had to make 20 access signs recently, and it would've been much faster if there was a command like this.