[Suggestion] Purchable perks for those who 'did' something...

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShelLuser, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Hi gang!

A vague title, I know. Credit goes to Merek_Shadower for putting the idea in my head, this suggestion is based on an idea he shared in town chat. On SMP2, where the cool stuff usually happens :cool: (hey now: silence can be cool too! :D).

As a player you play along on the Empire and you might reach a point where you'd like something new, different, a new motivation. Easier said than done, the developers can only do so much.

As a developer I can imagine that your primary goal is to keep gameplay and game balance in mind. You want to give the players cool stuff to motivate them, but you also don't want to overdo it so things don't get too overpowered. Example: voter tools can be considered OP'ish because they can seriously affect your mining. Of course.. you "only" need to spend 255 days of continues voting before you'll get your hands on one of these (or buy one of course).

So Merek hinted at something which has been suggested before: giving players access to the Soulbound enchant when they have a lot of money.

That got me thinking....

My suggestion

Give long-termed players access to acquire goodies. So don't give them rewards for doing something, provide an option to get those.

Example: Allow players to purchase a soulbound enchanted book (= puts 'soulbound' on item of choice) for 1 million rupees, however it's only purchasable for players who have a 600+ voting streak. And only 1 per player.

So no automatic reward, simply an option to get something if you meet the requirements. But there's still work to be done.

Now, I'm using Merek's idea of soulbound but obviously this could be used for just about everything.

My suggestion involves around the idea of not merely providing rewards for having a voting streak. but using said streak to open up new challenges.

Another example: players who have a voting streak of 1200 would be able to purchase a dragon egg for 4 million rupees. Very hard, yet not impossible.

So basically: voting unlocks options to get specific items, not necessarily gives them to you no questions asked.

I think this might give new(er) players something to look out for, while giving older players something to work for.

As always just my 2 cents :)
  2. nice idea, not sure about soulbound, but other goodies could work as well :)
  3. +946 I like it
  4. I would pay 1mill r just to be able to buy soulbound books. I mean 1 mill r per each soulbound book.
    I like the idea that was presented too
    Tuqueque and Eviltoade like this.
  5. Actually the voting option isn't bad... but every 10 votes past a certain threshold gives ___ item. And you need x amount of __ item to purchase from a specific shop that takes said item.

After a certain threshold voting does nothing except diamonds/emeralds/rupees. Generally, if you are at that threshold those things really mean nothing anymore.
    Tuqueque, Eviltoade and ShelLuser like this.
  6. I like the idea of the system.
    The specific example, though, I'm not so sure about: I think soulbound should be reserved to staff-made items. (although: isn't there a soulbound-like curse nowadays?)
    Tuqueque and ShelLuser like this.
  7. I'd just like to see voting rewards past 300. I like the idea, however a dragon egg? They are meant to be among the rarest items in the game, I don't think they should be made theoretically infinite.
    Edit: this'd be especially OP for those of us with alts.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. Does no one else see the word purchable in the title?? WHAT IS THAT?
  9. Oh my, shell did a typo :eek: :p
    607 likes this.
  10. I can hardly believe I didn't notice that! :eek:
    Tuqueque and PetezzaDawg like this.
  11. Yikes, my plot has been discovered! :eek:

Yeah, so about that... "Purchable perks" are basically perks which you purchase and I get :D Ingenious right? No? Lame pun? Oh, ok ;)

"Purchasable Perks...", oh well, maybe I should report this. Then again, I could also make a bonus for everyone who spots the obviously unspottable :) decisions, decisions....
    Tuqueque, 607 and AversionDragon like this.
  12. Unbreakable book + dia shovel+ Eff 5 + beacon haste = human ddtt

+1
  13. What is you could purchase upgrades to voters, eg higher efficiency or diamond vs iron, and for armor could be 2 stages from leather to iron to diamond, with armor upgrades to iron first, then tools to diamond them armor to diamond. At different voting phases as noted and for fees would be accepted.