[suggestion] Protect Certain Air Blocks....Anti-Greif

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by finch_rocks_1, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Hey EMC,

Say someone has a Public Slime farm, or a Public Spawner.... And say that person had to remove blocks to open up a space, This would make it so if someone had to remove a bock and make it into a air block, and had Blockbreak enabled, it would protect those air blocks, so someone cant come along and fill with lava, or water, or place random blocks...

This may be a bit hard to program I know, but it would really make a lot less work for Staff, and help players with Public farms so much more....

Feel Free to comment...

Also, sorry for Suggestion Spam, Been busy for a few months and had barely time to make theses....

~Finch
    BenMA and ShelLuser like this.
  2. Would this be possible?
    An interesting idea for sure.
    But it will make it so you can't build in places where people have built and torn down temporary structures.
  3. This idea would work for a minority of people, but then be a pain for the majority.
    Our current Anti-grief system has its own ups and downs, but overall it works off of the premise that if it's not yours and you don't have permission, then you can't break it. Such is the basis of the town protection system as well.

A separate limitation put into effect that blocks anything from being placed after a block was broken is going to work off a separate coding system entirely and also, be just as reported as before if someone breaks down temp structures, etc (as noted by 607 above).

So what about the farmers and players that want to protect open air at their outposts?
    That's what the Empires update is for. Working like a residence in town, there will be distinctly laid out areas that cannot be destroyed OR built in without permissions. This will protect the air blocks as you propose, but in an overall cleaner method that will integrate into the currently used systems across EMC.
    607, Kytula, khixan and 1 other person like this.
  4. And is there an eta on when Empires will be released?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  5. Or just surround the area in an impenetrable wall with a roof & floor.
    AncientTower likes this.
  6. been wondering when this will happen anti grief seems sorta unfinished and is very challenging to use with a large group of friends
  7. relevant comment 10/10
  8. My comment was relevant. I was asking Krysyy about when Empires was coming since she mentioned this feature would be part of Empires. Your comment was the irrelevant one.
    Tuqueque and LoveAllTrustNone like this.
  9. fite me
    ESSELEM likes this.
  10. Now who's posting irrelevant comments?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  11. Please keep this thread on topic and take your personal banter to a pm.
    ThaKloned and finch_rocks_1 like this.
  12. Probably not until it's estimated to be less than 3 days, as else we most likely won't make it.