[Suggestion] Polls for all suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Gawadrolt, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't know if this is even possible but here is the suggestion:

Make suggestion posts in the suggestion box have mandatory polls. There are a lot of suggestions that are just horrible and I would never imagine given the time of the day then I click on them and see so much support for them in the comments and am surprised. Then others I think are great ideas and see nothing but hating in the comments.

I bring this up because of this post: Other Suggestion Post

According to the poll its not a favorite of the community but by reading the comments without looking at the poll you could easily get the exact opposite idea what the "community" feels about the thread. Perhaps the poll is less accurate and the comments are more representative, either way it gives more information about the post and what readers think with less effort. Some people just don't want to comment or think its a waste of time.
  2. -1, random people could vote without reading the OP causing the data to be inaccurate.
    deathconn likes this.
  3. Just one thing, you suggest making polls mandatory in suggestions but don't put a poll in your own suggestion?

Hmmm...
  4. We need a poll for this suggestion for suggestions for polls to have suggestion polls on suggestions that we can poll.
  5. Mind broken.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  6. Pollception?
    haastregt and Gawadrolt like this.
  7. So is this pollsuggestception?
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  8. See how many people want a poll? lol. Not including a poll was deliberate. If you have followed me at all I'm sure you figured this out as soon as you read the suggestion ;)

Which was addressed in OP: the comments also could be unrepresentative of how the community as a whole feels.
  9. It wouldn't be a bad idea. I can't see any downsides, but a way to opt out of an automatic poll would be needed. +0.5
  10. Suggestions are heavily deliberated before decisions are made. We don't just look at a poll nor do we just read the comments. For example, this suggestion is denied due to a few things.
    1. Not feasible to force a poll in this XenForo
    2. Some suggestions might not be so cut and dry to allow such a poll
    3. Polls are often swayed by alts

We will not be making polls mandatory for suggestion posts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.