[SUGGESTION] Official Trading Section

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Dufne, Mar 19, 2017.

1. With the removal of the Products, Businesses, and Services section, Krysyy implemented two new categories for buying and selling, but there's no space to trade.

Thoughts on a new category for trading? :)
  2. +1

Trading is something that wouldn't fit in either of these categories, so I think it's necessary to add a new one for trading.
  3. +1 - I personally would like to try and do a challenge along with other EMC players to exclude the use of rupees for "X" amount of days, and try just bartering with people for what you need/want.
  4. I love a good trade.
    Equinox_Boss and Dufne like this.
  5. Potatoes for wheat anyone?
  6. Could you explain what you mean by trading? Sounds like a combination of both buying and selling, so I don't see an issue with creating a thread in either section (just depends on how you word it).

If you word it like:
    I have 10 chickens, anyone want to give me 10 pig eggs to trade? That sounds like selling.

Or,
    I am looking for 10 pig eggs, anyone willing to trade me 10 chicken eggs? That sounds like buying.
    607, Equinox_Boss and Dufne like this.
  7. +3 thats amsum plz do
  8. "Trading" as in an exchange of items. I was looking to set up a thread in order to trade a Bullet Proof Vest for a pair of Cactus Pants, but I didn't know which area it would fit in. I asked a mod and she said to put it in buying, but changing the wording could also put it in selling

I guess either works, but it might be a bit cleaner if there was a single spot for those kinds of threads. :)
    607, Equinox_Boss and EmpireMall like this.
  9. I am indifferent whether there should be a trading section, but if it won't be used frequently enough, no one will check it. When people stop checking it, it is useless.

Which section one puts it in should be a matter of who you want to market to.

Technically, one could probably put the following in the buying section.
    I am buying rupees, and I will give you diamondz. For every 100 rupees, I will give you 1 diamond.
  10. I wouldn't say it would be useless. It might not get used on a regular daily basis. However I do believe that there is a decent market for this.
    A place to exchange items for items rather than rupees for items.
    That type of thread may help boost a newplayer market drive. I mean for a newbie to want to bid on an auction. They need the funds. However if a newplayer is on the scene then they can barter a dc of eggs for a few llamas.

I think this is needed and would be a win for all parties.
    607, Dufne, Perez2428 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Give my thread some love
    Tuqueque likes this.
  12. I like the idea. But I am indeed not sure if it would get much use. But I think it would serve a purpose anyway.
    So... tl;dr +1? I don't really like including that, but perhaps it's nice for clarity's sake. :p
  13. Bump
    Tuqueque likes this.