[SUGGESTION] Official EMC Site Time Zone (ESTZ)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AlexC__, Dec 28, 2012.

1. No way ahaha, I always have to use a converter which is why I personally think that this would be awesome
    mba2012 likes this.
  2. Bump
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. Bump 2 :3
    mba2012 likes this.
  4. I don't see why EMC should use an existing standard.

This is the chance for EMC to create its own time, its own clock.

Personally, I believe that they should ditch the rolling measurement of time and start going sequential so you have Hour Zero and it just keeps on climbing.

That way you can say to someone; "We'll meet by the Spawn at 1485,339,012hrs."

Nice and fluid and easy to work out.
    penfoldex and mba2012 like this.
  5. Or just have it run off a normal clock in 24 hour so someone can go:

We will meet at 15:17:57
  6. It doesn't have to be a GMT time at all, a set time that starts at midnight on some day is fine, doesn't really matter. :)
  7. Thats what I mean! :D
  8. Yep haha, but to be honest it doesn't matter much :)
  9. If anything, it should be ran on GMT, that way the rest of the world will get a taste of what it was like when Great Britain ruled the world. :D
    mba2012 and nfell2009 like this.
  10. You UK? And also GMT is known as UTC, which is Universal Time Something :p
  11. Nah it can be either :p
    mba2012 and nfell2009 like this.
  12. Great idea.
    As an exampel when me and robot_chicken_66 wanna do stuff together, we never really do because we are like 12 hours diffrent.
    A server time would be great, this should be the time in US so me and robot can tell when we will be on in -Server Time-

Nice idea Alex, 1+
  13. I know :)
  14. Another great add on to this would being able to Set EMC events on a Calendar with Reminders.
  15. I would love to take credit for this but it wasn't my idea, I just built on a basic version of it that I saw a while ago :)

Maybe indeed, maybe.

This would also be extremely useful for the new EMCon :)
    mba2012 and NINJATTILA like this.
  16. You are a good person alex.
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  17. yes , just , yes
  18. This is basically required.
  19. Thank you :3

Aikar - what do you say? Give zeh people what they want! xD
    mba2012 likes this.
  20. Bump! :)
    mba2012 likes this.