[SUGGESTION] Official EMC Site Time Zone (ESTZ)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AlexC__, Dec 28, 2012.

1. ok i would like that..
    Can you maybe have an setting to show/or don't show your own time?
  2. I suppose haha but I see no point when you can look at the bottom/top of your computer screen :)
  3. LOL
    The problem is that you can't see how late it is when you want to post...
    So that's difficult by auctions or that kind of things...
  4. What do you mean? I'm not following haha
  5. Idk lol.
    One thing: add the option to ALSO show your own time
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  6. I WANTZ THIS TO HAPPEN!!! Please implement this Aikar!
  7. Yesh indeed :p
  8. I'm not sure that's possible... Every time zone would have to be implemented making it very tedious.
    AlexChance likes this.
  9. I've been looking around the suggestions and here's what I thought.
    In a lot of suggestion threads I'm seeing things that are cool but some that probably aren't very easy or even possible to implement, so keep that in mind " How could this be added/ Does this seem like it could be added? Or is it too complex?"
  10. Best idea ever? I'm sorry for this but no.
    I'm not going to bother to type out my reply to this, instead I'm just going to quite from my responses to the other thread;
  11. I'm not sure what you mean ahah - how is it confusing? Also, all posting can be set to ESTZ also. But "a moment ago" wouldn't interfer anyway :p

EMC Time Zone.png

Might be a bit basic (just a bit) but that's the general idea. Simple. One time zone for EMC, it can be custom or it can be UTC0 :)

Our staff might need to get things sorted out with XenForo (Aikar/Justin don't code the site) to add it but sure it's possible probably. I mean, can't be that hard. Adding a pretty box at the top of the homepage and Aikar is surely able to make it be displayed in game with a command. :)
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  12. No I'm more talking about the your time in game and the Emc time in game.
  13. How'd you mean? Which aspect of it?
  14. I don't know I've confused myself.
    I meant about this comment
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  15. What's probably skipping over you is the fact that we have different timezones for a reason, to avoid confusion.
    If we had an "Empire Timezone" it would cause immense confusion;

Average auction scenarios now;
    "Bidding ends at 24 hours after last post"
    "Okay, we are in different timezones, but that is easy to figure out"

"Bidding ends at 10pm GMT"
    "Okay, we are in different timezones, but that is easy to figure out as I have access to the internet"

With EMC timezone;
    "Bidding ends at 10pm"
    "What timezone is that? EMC or GMT?"
    By the time it gets figured out, the auction slot probably would have finished.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  16. They would state whether it's EMC or anything other.
    AlexChance likes this.
  17. Oh believe me, they would be many a thread where people wouldn't.

Say, for example that the person wants it to end at 10pm EMC time.
    They say 10pm, but just take it for granted that everyone else is following this EMC timezone
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  18. Yeah, but it's always different for most people anyway. Lol so with this, less people are actually getting confused :p
  19. If you honestly think it would be easier to follow two timezones at one then you are some sort of supoerhero.
    And as someone who lives in Australia, you are probably more than used to translating timezones
  20. Awesome idea! This could really help.