[SUGGESTION] New Method of Choosing New Staff

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by kkirigaya_, Jun 26, 2013.

?

Do you think this should be added?

Yeah, I think it'll help a lot! 3 vote(s) 8.1%
Yeah, it sounds interesting, but I don't think people will like it too much. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Eh. Not bad, not good. 3 vote(s) 8.1%
Nope, not interested. 11 vote(s) 29.7%
No, this should've never been suggested and the way they do it now is better. 20 vote(s) 54.1%
  1. Unless every single person voted for one player, it wouldn't really improve the relationship like you're saying. If 51% of people choose one person, and 49% the other... that's 49% of voters who don't think the guy who got accepted deserved it. Maybe if our staff were remotely corrupt, we might want to change things, but as of now.. I think we're fine :)
  2. Trust me, the application isn't completely what determines if you become a moderator or not. Genuine answer here from mine:

Q: Have you ever had any issues with the staff team?
    A: Aikar is a complete troll.

It's about the person. Cow/the others knows how to spot people.
    PenguinDJ and Jeanzl2000 like this.
  3. I'm fine with how it is done now. Sure some people may not like everything staff does and may not get along with some of them but they do their job.

And we all know that if PewDiePie was moderator, we'd have /Broadcast "WOMEN GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN!" and if SkythekidRS was staff, /Broadcast "BUDDERBUDDERBUDDERBUDDERIHATESQUIDSHURRR"
  4. I was waiting for someone to comment on those... Anyway, I knew I shouldn't have let him talk me into it... He's hated this community and always will, sadly. :(

EDIT: I mean that my banned friend hates the community, not PDP/Sky ;3
    EDIT 2: *woman, not women. Also, he doesn't say that, more like "STEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  5. By "relationship," I meant how the moderators can relate to us via past experiences.
  6. Wait who hates the community?
  7. Sky rarely talks in chat, so lets just hope THAT wouldn't happen if he joined the server, lol.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  8. Ah the debate goes on and may never end however as ICC has said he has been doing this a long time and feels he has it as good as it can be done, at least for now. Like all things there may be tweaks and adjustments that the staff may make along the way but lets look at it in a different way.

I have so far to see a bad moderator or staff member [ I am not saying there has not been any, just that I have not seen any] and I am not saying they are perfect, there not. however they do consider things / situations and make decisions based on experience. However when someone is banned as much as we may not like when it happened's as we would much rather the person stops the wrong they are doing and not break the rules. The system is there as a whole to protect EMC and the other players.

Helping other players, new and old is just a good thing to do but don't expect to be made a moderator for those things. Just do it because you want to do it.
  9. I can tell you
    *fall's over 2009 times*
    whoah that's weird, how'd that happen?
    jkjkjk182, PenguinDJ, wisepsn and 3 others like this.
  10. So, besides the Admins having to spend days or weeks to pick out good applicants. They should have to look at how many people's reasons why they think a person should be an mod? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I have no
    complaints on who they've chosen in the last almost 5oo days I been on.
  11. :D
    jkjkjk182, PenguinDJ, Pab10S and 4 others like this.
  12. Haha :p
    PenguinDJ and JabrZer0 like this.
  13. Who fell? Mr. N

LOLOL Joke fail! XD

You got liked by... ICC

jealousy is coursing through my veins arteries!

But honestly, i see nothing wrong with the staff choosing the new mods. if every single mod, or even if just a majority, has to agree on whos gonna become a new mod, then i doubt theyll all agree on the same member, if that member wud make a terrible staff member, and is corrupt. i honestly doubt that a majority of the staff is corrupt, and in my opinion, none of the staff is. anyways, the senior staff and the admins probably also have to approve the rest of the staffs decision on who will become a mod, so, unless theyre corrupt, i doubt they would create a corrupt staff. and since corrupt is just an opinion that someone is doing something wrong, and since half the admins (icc and justinguy) founded emc, and can how the server will advance, then the server is corrupt if u think that theyre corrupt (which its not XD). lastly, since they make up half the admins, which probably make the final decision on who will become a mod, then someone will most likely not become a mod if theyre corrupt, because icc and justinguy wouldnt agree to it XD

and if u honestly disagree and think that the staff is corrupt, then leave. i hate to see members leave the empire, but its better for them to leave then to suffer from what u think is corrupt.

(idk if any of that made sense, but i read it over a few times, and it sorta does, so try ur hardest to understand it, cuz i barely understood it myself) XD
  14. haha it was so good you confuzzeld your self :D
    ..................................and no ^ is not a real word :p
  15. totally forgot to say my original point...

ICC has done an incredible job of picking moderators. Everyone who has been picked for staff has deserved it 100% and has been a HUGE asset to the community, working hard to make it better.

Even if there weren't a bunch of little things that could cause problems with this idea, my main point is this: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  16. except Mr. trollface, all ruining the economy and such! XD

jkjkjkz
    JabrZer0 likes this.
  17. Check my edited post
    He'll be too busy giving us a great server spotlight :D
    Subliminal message to nfell2009? :eek:
    True... And even though everyone said that it shouldn't be done, you're probably the 20th. Congrats :D
  18. Just like everyone else has said, the system now works fine and shouldn't be changed.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  19. I know that everything that needed to be said has been said pretty much already, but I always like to weigh in on these kind of threads.

I have been a staff member for a long time. And have seen many come and go, but I will say one thing. We all get along. I mean we work as a team to see that everything works for the best interest of the server. There has yet to be a new staff member that I have seen come on that I had to force myself to work with. Every staff member handles the job differently, but we all recognize the main goal. Even the staff members that have gone their own way, I still consider them friends. I bond with my fellow staff members because it always feels like we have so much in common.

Do I agree with every decision every staff member makes? Of course not, but we are still our own people and make decisions differently. I do know that there is nothing 'corrupt' about our staff team. In fact, the only time I ever here anything like that coming across is from people who are told they can no longer play here.

Its funny that the conceived notion of a corrupt system rises when the system does not benefit you. I know to often that some confuse 'corrupt' with 'not working for me'. I have seen many of my friends leave this server, some even banned, but one thing I do know is there is nothing corrupt about this system. I do not ban someone because they do not like me. That would be corrupt. But I will ban someone who breaks the rules, some will say it is because I do not like them, but they just try to flip it to make them feel better I guess.

You can ask my better friends on this server, they know more than anyone else who plays here, I will punish ANYONE who breaks the rules. My best friends on this server know it, and my wife even knows it. If they break the rules, just because they know me, does not prevent anything.

Thats the only way that I could ever think one would assume we were corrupt, but myself, and I know several other staff members, have had to ban friends, and thats hard to do. No matter what happened. You do not want to do it, but our jobs are not maintaining friendships here, its to make the in game experience better for the community. There have been many a irc chat where the staff are all sad because a player we considered a friend had to be banned. Accusing the staff of corruption is insulting, as we lose real life friends to this game because of petty rule breaks that lead to bans. We work hard to avoid corruption, until you are in those shoes where you have to tell a friend 'sorry, but you can not play here anymore', no one really has the knowledge to speak like they know.
  20. Actually, contrary to popular belief, he doesn't hate the community and likes *Most* of the community. (anyway, enough about him :p)

As I said before, I think the current system in place is just easier and more fair, as it's no popularity contest.
    Jakres and PenguinDJ like this.