[Suggestion] Multi-User Reporting

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by willies952002, Jun 20, 2018.

?

Would this be a good addition to the report command?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2018.
Yes 3 vote(s) 50.0%
Maybe 3 vote(s) 50.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hello Everyone!

Recently I found myself in a position where I would need to report multiple users for the same reason, and thought that it would be a good idea to allow players to report multiple players at the same time. This would make it so players would not have to spam the report command with the same reason for each player. This would also allow for players to be able to report groups of players, an example of such a group would be a Griefing Squad (which I have had to report in the past), or a large number of accounts spamming in chat (which aren't getting caught by the filter).

An example of this would be something along the lines of:
    Code:
    /report Aikar,Krysyy Illegal Mods - Flying, Fast Walking, Instant Block Break
    (this is only an example, all mentioned "hacks" are features of either creative mode or Empire Minecraft's commands)

Let the voting begin!
  2. I've had this issue as well in the past. Would be much easier to have 1 report sent.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  3. I am gonna say it is good but I am +0
  4. I like the idea because I’ve had a issue to where I needed to report multiple people to for the same thing :) +1
  5. +1 I like it
  6. +1 and 1 billion
  7. Not entirely sure this is necessary but sure?

I'll give a +1/2 because I probably won't use it but I can see the benefit over 2+ members doing something wrong
  8. I notice quite a bit groups of 3 people usually join and start to spam innapropiate language, happened more than 2 times before even in the past two months
    FadedMartian likes this.
  9. This is one of those things that make me wonder why a feature for mass/bulk reporting does not exist already.

I can think of probable syntax/command issues with handling multiple players at once, but other than that, this feature sounds like a must, especially if one witnesses a few players doing some nasty stuff on their res...

(Yes, I have seen that happen before on EMC, fortunately the mods were able to take care of it, though I wonder if this feature existed at the time, they would have been able to be more efficient with dealing with the issue.)
    willies952002 and FadedMartian like this.
  10. From what I understand, it comes down to how the reports are actually stored in the database. The player that is reported is stored in the form of their user id in a field that only supports storing numbers, not text. For this to be fully implemented, the in-game reporting system, Square, and the database would all have to be modified to support such a feature.

We can only hope that the above changes aren't too much of a deterent for this functionality to be added. :(

However, if they are a bit too much of a change, there is always a second, but possibly more spammy (in terms of notifications to staff) method for storing a multi-user report, which is as multiple, independent, reports. This method actually has a slight advantage over a single, larger, report: the can be handled individually by multiple staff. :)
    IsaacNorman likes this.
  11. i can see this being helpful but +0
  12. I'm not necessarily a fan because the risks of making typoes will only increase this way. With the current version you have the option to use tab completion so that you can be sure to get the name right. But if you just have to continue typing without that... then this wouldn't be an option anymore.

And I'm curious: how often does one report players anyway? It's nothing you'd do casually I say so if it requires a bit of extra effort then I would personally consider that to be a pro, not a con. Because it also forces you to think about your actions, meaning that you'll be forced to make sure you got every name you report right. Which reduces the risks of making typoes.