( SUGGESTION ) MOUNT VESUVIUS DAY

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AncientTower, Mar 7, 2020.

1. August, 24th 2020

Vesuvius Day on August, 24th 2020 commemorates the epic eruption which had destroyed historic Pompeii and caused the death of about 16,000 people. On August, 24th 79 AD Mount Vesuvius erupted surprisingly after centuries of dormancy and buried the towns around with all the people under a cloud of lava, stones and ash.
    MOUNT VESUVIUS DAY
    Promo: Magma Block
    Lore: Pompeii today gone tomorrow
    Obtained: /Promo MtVesDay
    Reason: IDK, I'm just the idea man..
    Thoughts/Comments/Emojis
    luckycordel, Stnywitness, 607 and 6 others like this.
  2. I like.
    AncientTower likes this.
  3. Me likey
    AncientTower likes this.
  4. seems liek a good idea; blowing stuff up makes the world fade away..
    AncientTower likes this.
  5. What it do.
    AncientTower likes this.
  6. Snap, Crackles, and Pops like a rice crispy.. Does nothing like the Voters sponge.. It's a display piece.
    Cyberazaz101 likes this.
  7. Is there some hidden meaning to the emboldened words? :p
    If EMC still exists in 59 years, I'd say we should surely commemorate the eruption. ;) Otherwise, I'm indifferent.
    AncientTower likes this.
  8. No meaning to them other than I didn't un-bold them from the place I copied the text from before pasting it onto the thread.
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  9. You plagiarised another text? :eek: :rolleyes:
    That doesn't make it less interesting, though... I can get 'Vesuvius Day' and 'Pompeii', but why would all occurrences of the word 'the' and 'of' be bold? :confused:
    Ah, I get it! The words weren't bold in the source text, but they were emboldened by your search engine because they matched the search term. Let's see if I can deduce what you searched for. :D
    Hm, I haven't been able to figure it out yet. :p It's a lot of words to use in one search, and I especially don't get the place of 'day' and '2020'. Is my assumption about the search engine result copy correct, though? ;)
  10. I don't think that this should be a promo. The holiday seems completely arbitrary, releasing this would set a precedent for more "random" promos, and we already have enough promos/rares without a purpose that just sit around and gather dust.
    607 likes this.
  11. idk, this all i typed into google "mount vesuvius day 2020" and got this...

607 likes this.
  12. Perhaps not promo then but a build a volcano day and let SS blow it up... Thought the idea might be well received since that minor holiday thread and seeing as this Mount Vesuvius Day is yearly it would fit right in line with the suggestion thread.
    MerRhyAndBright likes this.
  13. I feel like this would be a better idea. Events have the luxury of being able to be less meaningful (for lack of a better word) than promos, and there are no long-term considerations that have to be made that would come with a promo. It would be fun to possibly have a Mt. Vesuvius themed hole-in-one trivia or firefloor.
    607, Krysyy and AncientTower like this.
  14. But its brilliant... being like volcanic ash... we could literally add dust to our collections! Loving it.
  15. Could it destroy anything it touches or rather, that touches it? :cool:

Or the dust idea works too...

Couldn't we just mass build a tnt/magma/lava/orange wool/dirt volcano on an empty res and 'blow' it up on that date? In game event works for me. Although the tnt going off might bother the server, just a wee bit :eek: Something I remember being said about "never again" with regards to that last tnt res is nagging at me.
    607 likes this.
  16. :confused:
    Well, that goes into my folder with screenshots of weird Google results. :p
    MerRhyAndBright and AncientTower like this.
  17. Care to share the full contents of said folder?