[Closed] [suggestion] Memorial Day Promo

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by CraftyCosmic, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It is a widely celebrated holiday. It celebrates the soilders who died in battle for us. I could see a skull that turns the player invisible or a unbreakable and final bow named "Musket". It is early, I know, but what is better early then late? Hope you like it!
    goreman2000 likes this.
  2. I like the idea. I would also like to see some kind of "international" promo or one for another country. As much as this is a US based server. You need to have a ride range of promos.
  3. Sorry but I say no. I've always been against US only type promo's, even if it is historic or special. US only type promos have no relevance to people living outside of the US. I know a large number of the EMC player base is american but it seems like you're always leaving other people from other countries out.This is why I'd only like to see promos for international type events. :)
  4. Why did EMC forget Chinese New Year, even though it was suggested??
  5. Honestly I don't know, you'd have to ask Aikar or other staff. Although it's kind of celebrated internationally, perhaps it wasn't of significant importance. Not all suggested promos can be implemented. :)
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  6. I'm more curious to have a list of most/all internationally celebrated holidays, to prevent anyone getting left out. To be honest, there aren't a ton of them. With the exception of Earth Day, I cannot name any major ones off the top of my head. That being said, I'm not 100% sure if Mother's Day/Father's Day and things like that are celebrated elsewhere. :p Nevertheless, I like the idea. :3
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  7. Mother's and Father's Day are celebrated here (In the UK) although I don't know the significance of that on EMC to be honest, since EMC/MC primarily has a younger player base, although there are a few mums and dads on here :p

I think there are probably more internationally celebrated holidays than you think, although a lot of them are religion based, which brings us onto a whole other issue. (Easter, christmas etc. but there are a few like Halloween which are non-religion based)
  8. I mean, even Christmas, Easter, etc. aren't celebrated internationally. While the places where those holidays AREN'T celebrated are minimal at best, they are still out there, and if you want to ensure everyone's covered in the holiday's description, you'd have to find one of only a few. I think, when it comes down to it, promo's will have to be specific to holidays that the majority of the player base celebrates or could celebrate based on their country of origin. So, The United States, most of Europe, Australia, and some of Asia. And even then the major holidays celebrated across all of them are limited to a few. I mean, in my opinion there are enough promo-based holidays that EMC does push out already.
    Jake_bagby likes this.
  9. You're right. I seem to just focus on the US, UK and the rest of Europe. I tend to forget about the Aussies and Asians. It would be interesting to see the demographics of EMC users and to see where members are located. Surely this would be possible somehow? :)
    ShadyShannon likes this.
  10. I agree that this promo should not happen. I am a veteran of the US Air Force myself, but there are too many people on this server that don't celebrate this holiday. I think there should only be international holidays celebrated with promos.
    Also, we should totally have a demographics map on here eventually. More so to satisfy my curiosity than anything else..
    Kephras likes this.
  11. Casting a "no" vote as well. You want to celebrate veterans, there are much better ways to do it than /promo, and would be significantly more heartfelt.
    supereskimo likes this.
  12. quick note, there is not a single player on emc forums who lives in a place that straight up does not celebrate christmas or easter. go check emc demographics that aikar posted
    southpark347 likes this.
  13. I have nothing against Veterans day, but I don't think having a promo is the right way to celebrate it. I live in the US, and I agree that it would be nice to have more international promos, even if they're small ones.
    Sadly, we already missed World Penguin Day, which was on the 25th :(
    OalishaV and Jake_bagby like this.
  14. It's never too late to celebrate!!
    supereskimo likes this.
  15. Ahh. Mods are on the way to close the thread and I get the message.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.