{Suggestion} Locked Chest Discount/Voucher......

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by finch_rocks_1, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Hey EMC,

I am suggesting this for those who have a wild base, or are part of a outpost or something, and are looking to lock a bunch of chests...

The way it could work is one of two ways...

One way, could be after say a placement of a set number, the one placed after that would be with a discount price, but for a time limit, of say 30 mins....

The other way, would to be a voucher, where when claimed, it would give you a set time (say 30 mins), where the signs would be with a discounted price...

Let me know what you think.... (This is for those who need to lock a ton of chests, say a storage room and want to save a bit).

~Finch
    Zrugite, K_Kick, ttyler333 and 9 others like this.
  2. I like it +1
  3. +1 on this as well. Would be really beneficial for people with outposts.
  4. I love the idea. This with the ability to lock chests on the sides rather than on the top. That combo would be awesome.
  5. This would be so very convenient to those of us who lockup all our valuables. I support this suggestion! +1

But what I really, really, really want is. . . a way to add more names (signs) onto a locked chest. :D
    ChespinLover77 and JohnKid like this.
  6. It'd certainly be handy! Especially for outposts that want to make a storage but want to lock it so they don't risk their valuables getting stolen.

But, if nothing else and this gets rejected ( which I think this is a pretty neat idea myself, but not everyone might? ), an alternative to locking it is placing protected blocks. You could make sure the bottom blocks of the chest are protected ( so they can't break those blocks and try to work around it bc hoppers or anything ) and cover the top of the chest with protected blocks as well -- then in a way, you're locking it out from others who don't have permission to break your blocks, and they therefore cannot get into them.

However, that method's not fool-proof, considering friends that may have permissions and they break the blocks to get something ( unless you don't allow anyone whatsoever to break your blocks ) and may forget to place the blocks back, and it would leave your stuff vulnerable again, and it'd be a mess if you did this with every chest in a storage rather than locking it.

It not being 100% safe is a reason I could see a sort of discount voucher being useful! To just mass-lock instead, where you know your stuff would be safe from those you didn't trust, rather than placing blocks and risking the chance that the items may become vulnerable to rule-breakers.

You could lock the chests and not have to worry about blocks being broken ( only you, and whoever you might put on the sign, will have access -- so you know it's either you or someone you trust ), and it wouldn't cost you a terrible amount. You wouldn't have to worry about any of them I get that 1k isn't too bad if you're doing only a few chests, but when you get into a sort of mass-storage, it can make a big difference. And for a semi-new player who may know the lock system, but doesn't have a mass amount of r, it could prove to be a challenge and potential disappointment to them to have to do 1k per chest, and they'd have to spread it out locking things over time and risk the possibility of losing items before the chest is locked. And it means they'd have to save up for that, rather than other items they may want. So a discount voucher could prove to be helpful for them!

And like, for another side of the story: I get that the lock system is a bit of a rupee sink. Rupee sinks are sort of needed in the EMC economy, and some might say there shouldn't be anything to relieve some of the price because rupee sinks are needed ( especially to bring down the count of some players ), but some people love the lock system because it's a fool-proof way of protecting your stuff from rule-breakers, new players, or so on; protected regardless the circumstances. Your stuff is protected fully, rather than only being partially protected ( in the way that y'know, the block method is; seeing as people can forget to place blocks back or place stuff back in buildmode, or people can become greedy or get malicious intentions -- which they'd be breaking the rules, and they could get reported, yeah, and you'd be protecting others from the person doing it to them, but you'd still lose your stuff ). For those that like keeping their stuff fully protected no matter what, they have to choose the lock system. And some of those players aren't the best at saving a big amount of r, so mass-locking could prove to be a challenge to them. Sure, it wouldn't be a challenge to those with massive amounts of r, but not everyone has that. And besides, regardless the price, some people will take the risk to block-protect anyway to save r regardless. So it's not always going to sink a players r count. Just some of them, and be a slight inconvenience to the others who can't afford things in big amounts.

I guess I see both sides of the story here? But I'm leaning more towards seeing how a discount or time limit or something could be pretty useful.

I didn't need to give this long-winded explanation / reasoning, but I wanted to give an alternative method in case it gets rejected ( regardless of what arguments are given ), while also arguing, myself, that this suggestion could be pretty helpful to some players or whomever. Basically, I can see both sides to this story ( the helpfulness and the possibility of it weakening it as a rupee sink ) but I am more approving of this suggestion. +1 :)
  7. I didn't read this because it's super long and I'm watching the NCAA championship. I just thought it deserved a like and a shout out.
    JohnKid, ChespinLover77 and Tuqueque like this.
  8. Shell's rubbing off on joohny boi ! Noice ! :3 <3
    Tuqueque and JohnKid like this.
  9. +1

Being a relatively new (proud!) outpost owner I also had to cope with these extra costs. We divided those a bit, but even so: it can be quite costly to lock up an entire storage.

One thing which sprung to mind though.. Talk has been going on for quite some time that eventually players would be able to obtain teleportation to/from established outposts. My guess is that this will work by creating an area in the outpost which will somewhat behave like a residence, and if that happens you'll also automatically get a protected area of some sort.

That could also provide a solution here.

But until that time....
    Vortixin and Nickblockmaster like this.
  10. True but then there are those areas players have that they won't be able to do so....
    Nickblockmaster and ShelLuser like this.
  11. Support it!..
  12. The gecko society approves of this
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  13. sounds great :)