[SUGGESTION] Loans With Collateral Using Shop Signs

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Sefl, Jan 3, 2021.

?

Thoughts?

Yep 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Maybe 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Nah 4 vote(s) 100.0%
  1. I had this idea last night, it would work well with using sub-zones or even barricaded rooms with access sign on a door for the specific player to access a room to a shop sign with a Buy / Sell sign.

My idea is people would be able to do loans using collateral to players so both sides can be protected. How it would work would be Player A Purchases 64 Diamonds From Player B for 3,200r (50r a Diamond) Player B has a set amount of time (Example 1 Week) To Purchase the Diamonds back for 3,520r (55r A Diamond) If Player B Doesn't purchase them back by the time stated in a Forum PM the 64 Diamonds then belong to Player A. Everything can be tracked cause of rupee logs AND Forum Conversations!
  2. Sounds a bit messy for it to be moderated, plus I'm not really sure if this kind of thing will even be used much to make it worth it.
    wafflecoffee and Sefl like this.
  3. Sorry Sefl, as a player I don't see why I'd want to buy back a stack of diamonds that someone bought. I actually don't get the point. It's a loan for who? You say player A purchases a stack of diamonds from player B. So Player B is getting the loan but doesn't have to buy back the diamonds in the end if they don't want to. So it's just like a shop purchase but with a twist. What happens if Player A uses said diamonds and Player B does in fact want to buy them back?
    Sefl likes this.
  4. My thoughts are that if a player has a project they need materials for (Player B) and they don't have many rupees at that time to purchase said items then they can use their items as collateral to get rupees since it can be hard to sell some stuff these days. They could get their items back if they don't want to settle on selling them forever.

The process on if Player A doesn't get their rupees back in time they can then sell the diamonds for more then they loaned (if the loan per diamond is low enough) So if you loan rupees out for 50r a diamond in today's market you can then sell those for 80r a diamond.

This is where staff would step in if Player A doesn't give Player B the time to purchase it based on rlog and forum PM's it is considered a scam.