[Suggestion] Let Arrows become Fuel!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Rain90009, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Ok everyone, I know, I know - This is a 'vanilla' MC server. Arrows are not meant to be fuel because if they were, the Gods of MC would have already made the change. But lets think about this...

If Arrows require Sticks to be crafted and Sticks are = Fuel then why are Arrows != Fuel?

We can do this! We have the technology! We have the power! I have the 20+ DC's of Arrows I want to do something with other than to comment about the fact that I have 20+ DC's of Arrows!

Lets do it!
    aaadam12 likes this.
  2. I second this as well. It would be extremely useful to add more items as fuel. This server isn't technically fully vanilla, as well, as it has custom mobs and the such, so adding a nifty plugin such as this shouldn't be too much of an issue, right?

If you guys don't want to dedicate the resources to get this coded, I could even offer myself to help. While I may not be a very experienced coder, I can do my own work and tests without hindering any of the staff's plans and resources. Yes, it would take me a long time to do so, but I work slowly to ensure quality and reliability.

Bows, as well, are able to be used as fuel, however the bows contain more sticks than an arrow. Arrows contain one stick, one feather, and one flint. A stick has a short burning time of 5 seconds (100 ticks) and flint is used as a firestarter both in flint and steel as well as in real life. For this, maybe increase the burn time to ~7.5 seconds (~150 ticks)? Feathers shouldn't help nor hinder burn time.

We could also have this for more than just this item. It can be very expandable for uses, and maybe even set up a community post for people to post items that should be able to be burned to have them for review by either higher staff or a poll in the community of registered members? The staff may take this however they want to, as it's their server, not mine in the slightest. I do wish for this to be implemented, however, as it's quite a brilliant idea.

While you may say that he could just sell his arrows, wouldn't it also serve a nice fallback if he runs out of fuel and needs something quick? I feel there are many good reasons for this to be put into the game, and I would love it so much if it were to.
  3. Flint isnt what burns when it comes to flint and steal. the spark when using flint and steal come from the rust that forms on the steal being struck against a hard object. when iron touches the oxygen in the air a reaction occurs; the iron rusts (turns into iron oxide) and gives off heat.
    Iron + Oxygen = rust + heat. all the flint is is a hard object that can be substituted with other hard objects. do to flint not actually burning the Idea of burning arrows would also in turn need to produce the flint as well
    _Devuu__ and crystaldragon13 like this.
  4. I like the thought that went into this, but I respectfully don't think this needs to be added. If you've got a lot of arrows you don't know what to do with then perhaps maybe auction/sell them for muniez.
    Just to have a plugin to have more fuel items is kinda silly to me (just my opinion) we've already got plenty of good items to use.

Overall I'll say 0 for this one
  5. Arrows are extremely plentiful. It would significantly change the value of coal and blaze rods. And that could change the value of mining and blaze farms. Not sure we want to just make things easier.
  6. This is not something EMC can do. You have to talk with mojang
  7. I have to go -1 on this, sorry.

Even if you would allow this to be fuel then I seriously don't think this will do us much good. Because wouldn't you agree that one arrow should burn shorter than one log of wood? That would make the whole system useless from the getgo ;)

As Finch said, this is best left up to Mojang.

Not to mention that I can't help wonder if we really need new fuel sources. Lava bucket are easy to get and are far better for this.
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  8. I think it would be a great use for an item what is cheap, and most of us have a lot of.

Great idea! I hope its something that the developers can put into place.
  9. While arrows would possibly be a very sustainable source of fuel, as God_of_Gods said, it would really change the prices of blaze rods, coal, and lava buckets. Those are all easy enough to get anyways, therefore I don't think that this would be the best idea.
  10. After you get a voters bow, or infinity bow arrows become surplus to everyone. I like this idea to be able to use the arrow item after you basically dont have an use for it

It can be done using data packs. I believe furnace integration was added to 1.13 and not 1.12 thou