[Suggestion] Large Locks

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Lianail, Apr 1, 2020.

1. I didn't see anything similar to this elsewhere. It's not a change to the existing locks, it's an extension of them.

Decide the size of area you want these to affect in number of blocks (n) I like 4,5,8,or 10

Create: new lock sign(s) LockSlab, LockCube
    Effect: All containers in a n x 1 x n area or n x n x n cube are locked as if they each had a sign.
    Limits: The sign must be placed at the bottom NW corner of an area.
    The sign can only be placed where you will have permissions to apply lock signs to any containers that might be placed in that area.
    Could also be done with Slab or Cube as parameters to Lock on Line 1 (Lock Slab or Lock Cube)
    Remaining syntax identical to existing lock.

Create a new lock sign LockChunk with the same syntax as Lock.
    The sign can only be placed where you have full permissions to 100% of the blocks in that chunk.
    All containers in that chunk are locked.
  2. Would this reduce or add to lag? It would reduce the actual # of lock signs.
  3. I like the idea. I believe something similar is to be expected of Empires + Land claiming, so it might be on the works already.
    HazardousCode likes this.
  4. -1 i like the idea but i agree with matheus i think land claiming would accomplish this sort of thing and i would rather the devs work on that path (empires then land claiming)