[SUGGESTION] Kennel

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShatteredPlains, May 22, 2015.

1. I assume stables are very expensive. Let's just base it off of the price of that.
    Free in Town/100r in Wild

I am thinking that it should be Free in Town, 50-100r in Wild.
  2. usage
  3. long overdue bump!
    wolffpack58 likes this.
  4. +100! I love this idea!It will add to "wolffpack58" XD
  5. My one big question about this is how you plain to put a pet into your kennel. If you have figured out a way to ride your cats in Minecraft, please tell me, but for now I don't believe it's possible to connect with a cat or dog in any way bug punching/feeding it. The kenneling all pets in a radius idea is good, but then that opens up further problems. What if you have multiple pets in your radius? How will the kennel know which one to pick up? Doing /kennel and then clicking a pet to select it could be a good idea, but then even that has problems. How will that affect general Minecraft control mechanics? Is this possible? You get my drift, though. :)
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  6. with what you said and my original idea of how it picks pets, it will sense all the seated pets in a certain radius of you, and the one(s) you want in the kennel you make stand up, and then say /kennel confirm or something.
  7. +1 I don't have cats or dogs but this would be a great addition for players that do have pets. Maybe you could type the /kennel command, it would wait for you to then left click/right click the animal to kennel it?
    wolffpack58 likes this.
  8. Stables were designed because rider permissions are not saved upon egging/replacing and they are more complex. Because dogs/cats do not have such permissions possible (you can't ride them), it is easier for you to simply egg the dog/cat and place it in the wild once you arrive. If you are worried about losing the dog/cat, then use your enderchest for safe transport.
    ww2fan168 likes this.
  9. The problem with that is you have to re-tame them all over again, which is quite a process when it comes to cats.
    wolffpack58 and AliceF3 like this.
  10. True true. I ususally use a box, but I can see the functionality of a kennel.

Likely no kennel vouchers though.
  11. Agreed! Although in real life a kennel would be more around 250-500r, but this is a brilliant idea.
  12. I would like to see the kennel to be accepted as this is a wonderful idea.
  13. (can I still do this?)

+10, I do love the idea.
  14. +1 this is a great idea :)
  15. bumps and bruises.
  16. Aikar please make this a thing it would be awesome
  17. bump! pls, devs! pay attention to this thread! so many people want this to be a thing (too lazy to quote all of the people right now)!