[Suggestion] Have Option of Either Wiping or Keeping Derelict Res Items

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Laae, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When someone goes to claim a derelict res there should be an option to choose whether the res gets defaulted to being brand new or you get to keep the items on res and it's basically changing ownership. If someone chose to keep items and changed their mind they could still always do /res default to get the res back into the default condition. You might say most players will do this to scavenge the res for supplies or even rares, and I say that's an even better reason to add it. So many custom items in EMC have been lost to derelict but with this feature, items are not lost forever and it is no ones fault but the res owner's for not voting or logging on to reset their derelict status. This is how it works in real life, if you lose a house due to foreclosure most items stay in the house and are sold with the house. It shouldn't be too hard to add as there basically needs to be a pop-up asking for the res to either be defaulted which would change ownership of the res and default it or the res can just be changed ownership. What is your opinion on this?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. If the res is wiped due to a player being derelict there is no point in having to keep the items since they are gonna be wiped anyways so -1 from me
    Laae and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. Res’s are only wiped and unclaimed if there are not enough free ones on said server, to back this up I’ve seen reses that have been derelict for over 150 days. The system I’m trying to explain would basically just change ownership of the res, it would give you both the feature to wipe or to keep the res the same.
    586 likes this.
  4. I don't think it would be fair to receive someone else's items if they go derelict. This could lead to people just going around claiming derelict residences just for items. Ya it's a shame to lose some great items but that's how it goes unfortunately.
  5. -1 I know you could be in an accident and hospitalized or on vacation, but that is why you vote on mobile devices (it hospitalized write in your will for someone to vote every day). If not able to, take a break from EMC and come back to a fresh start!
    Laae likes this.
  6. I like this idea, but in the end -1 from me. It really would suck to have someone come on and claim someones res who went derelict who have LOADS of promos they can quickly sale and be above what others have worked hard for... Yeah it sucks to see those items be lost but its part of the game...
    Laae likes this.
  7. definitely +1 from me. scavenger hunting for derelict plots seems like a really fun added bonus to the possible feature to me. obviously, to prevent people from constantly scavenging, there could be a cool-down set on the command.
    Laae likes this.
  8. To combat this there could be a limit on how many reses you can forceclaim while also keeping items. There are people I know who just forclaim reses for fun just for the rares to disappear. The system could work by not limiting force claiming but just you can only have 1 forceclaim in which you keep the items on the plot every 21 or more so players don’t spam the system and profit immensely off this.
    586 likes this.
  9. this has been suggested before and denied. a persons belongings only belong to them
    Pab10S and finch_rocks_1 like this.
  10. I could not find it in the already suggested threads, if you could link that’d be great. That is true but there should be ways to circulate items back into EMC.
  11. Players already often get upset when they log in after an absence and find that their build and all their items are gone. This Suggestion would make it likely that a player will log in and find that their build and items still exist but another player has them. I don't think making people even sadder would be an improvement over the present system.
    Laae likes this.
  12. As how it is in real life, if you get foreclosed or evicted you don’t look at the place and start getting sad, most people look at it and give themselves a goal to do better than what they had. But I see where you are coming from.
  13. I was going to write a decent sized explanation for the reason the suggestion will not be considered but the resident thread finders condensed the explanation nicely from past requests.

Suffice to say it has been suggested before and is not something we will be considering at this time. Closing thread.
    Laae and bitemenow15 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.