[Suggestion] GTP for Friends (without creating group)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Tuqueque, Jan 16, 2018.

?

Yea?!

Yea! 12 vote(s) 66.7%
I guess so 1 vote(s) 5.6%
No! 5 vote(s) 27.8%
  1. My suggestion is for a player to be able to tp to their friend, on their EMC friendslist, even without being in a group.

Conditions, both players must be in town, and there could be a ps setting to disable friends from tping to you.

Any other suggestions?
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  2. I'm not too sure.

To be perfectly honest I'd probably immediately turn the setting off because although I don't mind people coming to my location I do have plenty of moments where I don't want to be confronted with players suddenly popping up in my face. Right now the group feature is the perfect way (for me at least) to prevent this from happening. When I'm building and want to be left alone all I have to do is make sure that I'm not in a group.

In this setup I'd have to continue toggleing the setting, and that's effort so it would probably be left off on my end.

So a +0 from me. I don't quite see the advantage.
  3. What if your friend is being annoying or if you want to have alone time or you are making a surprise for them <3
    607 and Tuqueque like this.
  4. I 100% want this to be added :D
    Tuqueque likes this.
  5. :)
  6. I like this idea, but only if both there was a way to disable friends from tping, possibly through a ps setting, and as long as the recipient of the tp had some way to confirm, maybe with a menu similar to the one required for vouches.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  7. If this gets added, the default of such setting would be off, so if you would not like to be affected bu this feature, it wont mean extra work
  8. I think this would be cool if it had the person who you are teleporting to confirm with a chest gui thing.
  9. +1, with disable feature. No reason for there not to be a disable feature.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  10. I would assume that it would be like;

/ftp {player}

Where the ftp is short for Friend TP and Player is the one you are tping to.

If this where to be added, I would then like an option to disable it like there is for GTP. The issue you run into then with this is having friends TP to you when you don't want them but only certain friends. To have a option per friend that would be very complicated but maybe just like the block break system is for friends where you can block all and allow certain friends to break, maybe that same type of system could be added then a command like "/ftp list" to see all the friends allowed to tp to you with the bypass.

I will say -0 for the stuff I listed above, but if just the command and nothing else to go with it, then I will say -1.
    607, neonkillah and Tuqueque like this.
  11. Maybe another option;

Friend types
    /ftp finch_rocks_1
    (After friend types the command, it says
    "Waiting for your friend to accept"
    If its accepted. they are TP'ed, and if they are not they get a message
    "finch_rocks_1 has declined you from TPing to them"
    or if it expires
    "Your request to TP to finch_rocks_1 has expired, please resend it")
    I would get a message;
    Finch_rocks_1 would like permission to TP to your current location. Click here to confirm.
    Window pops up;
    Confirm finch_rocks_1 to TP to your current Location?
    Yes (Green Wool)
    No (Red Wool)

If you click yes, then they TP to you, and if you click no, then they get the decline message stated above.
  12. There is nothing stopping us from using the Group teleport command now to teleport to players in our Friends list. Once a Group is formed, it is about the same number of commands. This Suggestion does add the option to make it a permanent ability based on a list of players, which is functionally a semi-permanent or recurring group with different features.

Could the Friends and Group features be merged? If two Friends were on the same server, they could be placed in a special Friends group automatically, assuming both players have the option enabled. Those features that apply to casual Groups would then also apply to the Friends Group.

There would need to be some determination whether players could participate in a both Friends and casual Group simultaneously or not and corresponding changes applied to the existing features, but it seems like most things like teleporting, a separate Chat channel, and experience sharing could be carried over from normal Group features without an extraordinary amount of effort and bring with it other features we are likely to want in the future rather than creating a single new Friends feature.
  13. @Pab

It would go hand in hand. /gtp is for group players /ftp would be for people that aren't non-group players and you wouldn't need to create a group.

@Op
    Do I want to safely assume that there will be a range for this tp?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  14. I think there normally isn't in town, only in the wilderness.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  15. In town there is no limit. In all other worlds there is with one exception. If your on say the waste west spawn and your friend is on waste south, you can tp to them.
    Tuqueque and 607 like this.
  16. A last bump?
  17. The last bump