[Suggestion] Frontier Flying for Supporters

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Mastism, May 2, 2018.

1. As many of you know, the battle with EULA left EMC without the ability to sell rupees or give supporters in-game rupee bonuses. While there still are perks for us shiny players, it's really not the same. Judging by the title of my suggestion, I assume you see where I'm going with this ;)

Why would we add this?
    The frontier is a place for players to build freely. What makes building much easier? Flying, of course! That's why creative is loved by many! Allowing flying in the frontier for supporters gives a new perk for those who have gotten the rank, and would allow for some really cool builds out there!

How would it be implemented?
    There are some players, supporters too, who go out in the frontier to play just plain survival Minecraft with friends. That's okay! With "flying mode," as I like to call it, supporters could toggle the option to fly, meaning they don't have to have it enabled if they don't wish. Flying could however pave the way for cheating, as players could use this to fly away from a mob they don't want to deal with. This could pose an issue. However, this could be fixed by adding flying as an option for supporters who enable Build Mode. Flying would only be allowed if a player is building. What happens if the player just remains in Build Mode the entire time? No problem! Make a cool-down timer like how it is with changing difficulty. If a player enters combat, then flying is disabled. A player must stay out of combat for say, a minute (I was originally gonna suggest five minutes, but that would be extremely inconvenient for players who are building whilst trying to fend off pesky mobs in the process)

Who exactly would have the ability?

My first plan was to suggest that only gold and diamond supporters get the ability, as they are the higher rank. However, the ability to own a utopia plot is already a reserved right to those players, with iron players being left out of that. I think that flying in the frontier should be available to all supporters, no matter the rank.

This would add a whole new way to play, and it would restore the satisfaction of being a supporter. While the idea of being a supporter is to support the Empire and its costs, some players like the perks! What are your guys' thoughts? I would love to hear them!
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  2. Would this not be a game changing and sorta in game perk that is too powerful? I think it is, so -1, sorry mate. While I like this idea, I do not think it could be done fairly.
  3. Although a cool perk, I’m going to go -1 because EMC is still survival...
    fluffinator09 likes this.
  4. While it's more the place of admins to reject or assent to a suggestion, so I won't do either, I think it's safe to say that I don't foresee this suggestion happening, nor do I think it should happen. There is a middle ground between having few perks and having insanely OP perks, and this is way too high up on that scale.
  5. Frontier flying in utopia would be cool.
  6. This would be against the EULA.
    Tuqueque and Krysyy like this.
  7. What Jack said. Officially denied.
    Tuqueque likes this.