[Suggestion] Fix the front page

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by EnderMagic1, Nov 9, 2016.

?

Opinion?

+1 9 vote(s) 90.0%
-1 1 vote(s) 10.0%
  1. The front page isn't looking good right now. It looks horrible.
    Here's a current list.
    Staff Data Leak
    Yahoo Hacked in 2014
    Login Issues
    Web Of Trust Plugin
    IP Bans Forums

Seriously, don't you notice the trend! These are all really bad topics to post on the front page. All of these negative issues are affecting everyone on the forums.. Lets get EMC back into 'positive mode.' Everyone was super excited about the halloween update until a bunch of 'technical news' popped up. Do you really think our new players like reading things like 'hacked' or 'bans'? They should read news like 'EPIC Halloween Update' or 'November Prizes =D.' I checked every major mc server(front page) and none of them have this strange news..
    I know it's important, but it doesn't have to be on the front. I would celebrate Eviltoade's bday (not really today :p, just an example) or Candy festivities rather than IP bans. All of this technical news makes emc look bad: really strict and no fun. We need more fun! Plus, the 2016 Election doesn't help the situation. :( So, add more fun news! We don't want to look like a really boring server from the front page. Plus, I'm tired of all the negative comments on the front page..

P.S. #BringBackTheMonthlyNewsletter :p
    Lordess_Spartan, 607, Shahir and 2 others like this.
  2. What you want is coming tonight you ninja.

EDIT: Not all of the newsletter though. It's different now...
  3. Ooooh :)
  4. Make Front Page Great Again!

Just like Trump will do the exact opposite for America
    Vortixin likes this.
  5. Please keep politics on that political thread only.
  6. Okay, my apologies
    607 and SoulPunisher like this.
  7. Please don't bump a thread less than 3 hours after the last post. Also, I'm pretty sure I answered this one...
    DrMadFate and TomvanWijnen like this.
  8. I think that rule is really dumb since the forums are occupied by auctions 99% of the time.. -_- Plus, whats wrong with more opinions. Just because you answer doesn't mean the thread is 'over'. ;)
    Vortixin and BenMA like this.
  9. You can bump your post every 3 hours and be perfectly fine with getting plenty of visibility. However in this case you are suggesting something that a staff should do, and I as a staff member, responded saying that I agree and it is happening. Therefore, the thread is kinda a moot point.
    DrMadFate, TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  10. Actually, there is something us players can do ;) Set up an event of some sort, write a nice article about it and submit your event to the calendar. There are no guarantees but sometimes player hosted events also find their way to the front page :)

And well... I'd rather see an honest front page which doesn't back down from sometimes sharing less comfortable issues than a front page which tries to pretend as if everything is fine all the time and there are no issues at all. Honesty and transparency (or openness if you will) are very important issues I think.
    607 likes this.
  11. You kidding? I think we both know exactly what type of thread belongs up there.
    Lordess_Spartan, Patr1cV, 607 and 3 others like this.
  12. Well, I suppose this helps this out!
  13. What you're suggesting is well understandable, but 'positive mode' is a fallacy.

The topics are not bad, it is the problems they describe that are (somewhat) difficult, but it is a very good thing to discuss the important and difficult stuff. It is in no way sensationalistic on EMC, it shows considerateness and maturity.

It is positive to discuss and try to solve problems, as it is positive to share good news and good examples.

Hiding the difficulties won't help. In contrary, trying to "paint the world pink" is dangerous, it does more damage then good.

I remember a discussion (outside of EMC) about a (quite old?) novel (?) and a movie (?) about an entrepreneur, an newspaper owner who tries to beautify news and blend out "bad news", wanting to make the world look better, to make people feel better and perhaps to make the world better that way - and how it fails... I've forgotten the title, author etc. - I'll be thankful for any hint.