[SUGGESTION] Fireworks Aren't Consumed when shot from Crossbows

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by CraftyCosmic, Dec 22, 2020.

?

Do you use the crossbow?

What is a crossbow? 2 vote(s) 20.0%
Never touched a crossbow. 3 vote(s) 30.0%
I've used it once or twice to see what it can do. 3 vote(s) 30.0%
I use one consistently. 2 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. This suggestion is for a change to crossbows to be more similar to the current Meteor Bow and QOL in place for all other uses of fireworks with pretty parts (eg not elytra). If this seems too overpowered, perhaps only promo fireworks not be consumed.

the ability for a crossbow to eat a promo firework is bad

8:11 12/22/2020 EDIT: A firework can be shot from a crossbow by putting the firework in your offhand and loading the crossbow normally.
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  2. I agree with that but it depends on what the community says. I am +0 for now
  3. Ehhhhh, fireworks do a hefty chunk of damage, so I think the trade-off of the fireworks being consumed is fair. Having promo fireworks in your inventory is risky business though.
    607 and Ochres like this.
  4. A full strength firework rocket does less damage than a bow with just power 5, though.
    Plus, you need to completely sacrifice your offhand, where a bow can just use any arrow anywhere
    This buff will help Crossbows be a much more useful weapon
  5. I'm not in favour of this suggestion.
    The promo issue does not speak for it either, in my opinion, as it could simply be made impossible to use promo fireworks with a crossbow, like normal fireworks were made consumable and promo fireworks impossible to use with elytra, when rocket propelling was introduced.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  6. I'm not sure I see where you're coming from- perhaps you see the connection between the fact that both crossbows and elytra w/ fireworks actually have use? There, I can understand that limited resources would help balance them out- but the crossbow has to compete with the regular bow which has Power & Infinity, whereas the Elytra's competition requires a larger amount of set-up for what is usually not faster (ice roads). The direct competition between bow and crossbow make the latter see extremely low use.
    607 likes this.
  7. Crossbows shouldn't consume fireworks in town, as they are merely only decorative

Everywhere else, promo fireworks should not be able to be loaded into the crossbow, the same way promo fireworks are blocked from being used as elytra boosters. (all other fireworks should be consumed while not in town/protected areas)
    Ethy202 and 607 like this.
  8. Infinity crossbow promo?
    Ethy202 likes this.
  9. Or even voting reward.
  10. Since the durability is so low on them it would be nice to have one that doesn’t break. Maybe they could add it with a shield voting reward.
    Ethy202 likes this.
  11. I hope you do see where I'm coming from after reading Tuqueque's restating. ;) Your remark about the crossbow not being very useful applies just as well to vanilla Minecraft.
    Tuqueque and Ethy202 like this.