[suggestion] Extreme voter rewards for Residences

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by eatumup, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Ok, so i have to admit this suggestion is a little self serving. Lately I have found myself wanting to get a 5th residence and protect my invested residences. Since I was and am still not in a position of being able to purchase those services I thought I would suggest an alternative to obtainment.

So my suggestion is to offer those rare things to extremely high vote scores. Something like not raising the vote bonus any higher than it is, but at like at 600 streak get a res voucher. Then the perm protection at like 800 or something.
    Evesthery and Terminator908 like this.
  2. +1.. I have only gotten supporter once over the past 2 years.. Raising the prize bar might encourage more to get higher voting streaks.
  3. I can't find it right now, but two years ago, Aikar said that a residence upgrade voucher would be awarded every vote bonus in increments of 100. Today, that is a ridiculous number, however, and I would be okay with your suggestion. +1
    Sgt_Pepper4 and Tuqueque like this.
  4. I'm a bit in between here, but in general I like your suggestions. Also because it would be cool to have some extra voting rewards (though the chance to win the annual voting contests are also pretty cool IMO).

First off: I don't think the permanent protection should be a reward. I mean, what's the use if you're already voting every day? ;) I like to think that by voting we're helping the Empire gain more attention, but I can't help question if a large streak would ever be worth such a reward. Also because it has (or could have) quite a bit of an impact on the Empire as well. If it would become available then I think it should be set at a 1095 streak (3 years) at least.

But I definitely like your idea about the residence upgrade voucher. Personally I think 700 - 800 bonus is more suited (around the 2 year voting streak) but it would definitely be cool to have.

So yeah... a conditional +1 from me as well :)
    Evesthery likes this.
  5. Oh lordy, looks like I get 11 resses now :I
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. This is right from Krysyy on mumble....

"The Max Res Vouchers were added to the Supporter page by Mistake, They where ment for a Vote Reward item, so to fix it, they removed it from the store, to add at a later date for High Vote Bonuses... { For example, once every 500 Bonuses }, You can still obtain them from players who have them still, you just have to look around for them... "

So yes, this is already on the list, thus why they removed them from the store. Although every 100 is way too easy, Heck i am already over 700, so what as soon as they where added i would get 7 res vouchers? Thats also on just one account...

I like the idea of once every 500, keeps them obtainable, but semi rare... also makes you have to work for them, Anything under 350, I would say no, too little... you can get to 200 in 130 days, if you tried....
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. Anything I say on mumble is unofficial, as repeated constantly, so that may not be true. That was my opinion as a player, and not my official statement as staff. Please keep this in mind when you quote anything I may say in Mumble. Once again, nothing is official until it is in type on the forums.
    DrMadFate and Sgt_Pepper4 like this.
  8. Would love to get these. But I agree with needing a vote of 500+.
  9. Also keep in mind hat in order to have 6 reses as a regular player, you would require 5 vouchers, even if you have 4 reses claimed as is, In order to make it one voucher, you would have to have diamond as diamond extends the temp of 3 res slots, so then you would have 1 perm slot, and 3 temp slots then claim to have that upped to 5 slots in total, then once you loose diamond, it would go back down to 2 claimable slots.

Yes, Bit i like to imagine it is true, I also have heard Aikar as well as some SS bring it up here and there every once in a while...

hehe
    Tuqueque and ThaKloned like this.
  10. As someone who has purchased this particular item. I'd find it somewhat unfair for others to get it for free.
    The ability to purchase it give the server a resource to continue operations.

Anyhow if this was ever to be implemented as a voters award. It would have to be a crazy vote bonus number. Something that shows your loyal to this server. A vote bonus of 5,000 would probably suffice. Seeing as if you've stuck around long enough to reach that bonus. Then perhaps you're worth keeping around permanently too.
  11. This is exactly the reason that I suggested such a high vote streak. No intention to diminish your comment but, some of the community simply don't have the means to donate financially. A very long voter reward incentive does provide a way to contribute to the service in another way. As it is now I imagine there is a lot of fall off after those few make it to the top rewards established now.

I am not hard pressed against any numbers suggested by myself or others. Even as a suggested 500 streak would take years to top out. There's something to be said about sticking with the team for that long.

I would like to see res vouchers added back to the store too, but I can understand why they aren't there. just my 2 cents
  12. I completely agree, that the perm prot voucher should be in the thousands, maybe at 3k instead of 5k, but true, less than 15 hundred is way too low
  13. I agree with shel. So, +1
  14. Lets figure out the math...
    There are an average of 365 days in a year with 24 hours per day: 365 * 24 = 8760 hours in a year
    You can increase your vote bonus ever 16 hours: 8760 / 16 = 547.5 vote bonus increases per year
    A vote bonus of 5000 would take: 5000 / 547.5 = 9.13242009132 YEARS :eek:
    (Just about 9 years, 1 month (30 days), 2 weeks, 4 days, and 8 hours)

Now if someone is willing to stick around THAT LONG, there are things much more valuable than a Permanent Derelict Protection Voucher (but still give them one anyways)...
    Time is worth more than many people think... especially since you only have a very limited amount.
    Duflet likes this.
  15. Less than that actually. You can increase your vote as soon as every 12 hours. But still would take awhile.

16. I can understand the confusion... Especially when one place/person says one thing, and another place/person says another, but as far as I can tell, it's once ever 16 hours. (Don't let the 12 hour cooldown on TopG fool you, you won't get an increase at the 12 hour mark, I've tested it)

oh and btw... +1
  17. Yeah, I like a lot of voter ideas. I'm sure staff will find a great mix of awards. +1