[Suggestion] Empires - End Portal's

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by finch_rocks_1, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Hey EMC,

I know Empires are still in Dev, but this is something i thought would be cool...

This would be a item that could only be used if you Own a Established Outpost and is claimed and made into an empire.

The way it would work, is you would pay a set amount of Tokens and it would Either work 2 ways. One would be SS would place it, or 2nd it would be a coded spawn.

A portal would spawn within a certain radius of the middle of your outpost. You would not know and you or members of the outpost would have to go search for it.

The end portal would spawn on an island, and the exit would link back to yours, but only members would be allowed to use the portals to prevent unwanted players from using it.

Its kinda a bit hard to explain, but I thought it would be a neat think to see if it could be added.

~Finch
    ShelLuser, ChickenDice and MatthewDA like this.
  2. Considering you can return to town from your outpost, and then go to the wastelands from there, End access is relatively accessible once the full system is in place, so I don't see the need really.
  3. It would be absolutely awesome to have your own end portal within your Empire! What does "need" have to do with it?

+1 :)
    PetezzaDawg, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  4. I know it would be awesome, but the effort to pull this off at scale is difficult.

SS doesn't have bandwidth, and letting users place them is scary.

When ultimately, all it does is save someone 5-10 minutes to get to the end (TP to town, and then go to Waste)

We have so many things we could work on, hard to justify prioritizing something like this.
    Vortixin, MatthewDA and 607 like this.
  5. How about a sign that when placed, turns into a portal(1 block) Another item to add to supporter store ? And also a super captcha you made to make sure the player inows that the portal csnnot be retreived/moved after placed.
  6. The way i saw it, is it would be like a hunt/challenge to have to find the portal. and once its found then you would be able to build a say temple around it. Then you could use the end for hunting as well as farms. Sure there is the waste, but its not very fun for those who like staying at their outpost, for having to go to another world to get to it.

This is ment for more access to the end that does not reset.
  7. Seems useless. Just use a premade end portal. They aint hard to use.
  8. I agree that something could always b0rk but I fail to see what's scary about it. Effectively an ender portal is more scary when being placed. I recently learned that an active End portal is just that: an active block pretty much the same as a regular one (more or less).

But the thing is: if vanilla Minecraft already supports all of this, why would it be scary?

I'm not just saying...

fully vanilla copy, didn't even bother to apply coordinates but used corner blocks

Note: I'm not saying this suggestion is a good idea, but I do think "scary" is somewhat oversimplifying things, especially because vanilla pretty much supports this and the active end portal block is pretty much regular.
    607 likes this.
  9. The whole point of the suggestion was to span them to empires that are far out where players are able to search for them, build temples, and all around them.

Sure its easy, but not many like having to use ones everyone uses... It feels more Vanilla when they have one at their unloaded chunk base that takes hours by minecarts to get to.

Also No need to always be so negative... Maybe just some positive comments, as well as Reading the OP, and reasons for suggestions instead of the title, and just posting negativity.
  10. I know it is sorta rude to bump this thread but I really love the end and being 160k from the end portal is sorta saddening. There are a few things I dislike greatly about the 1 end portal near spawn thing I do see purpose for it. I would love to see new portals every 40k or so from spawn or have eye of Enders lead to new portals just my personal opinion.
    607 likes this.
  11. Maybe instead of an actual portal maybe just a tpsign. I mean from our Empire we could just step on a plate connected to a tpsign that drops us off in the End on the main island. However to return to your Empire you still need to get back to town and use the tp command to get back to your outpost.
  12. No one ever said you had to prioritise it, plenty of suggestions have been approved that weren't prioritised but it was said they'd happen.
    ShrinkingMatt likes this.
  13. Aikar isn't talking about the time it'll take to implement the suggestion, but about the time it'll take to manage it.
    After all, this isn't a one-time thing: it'd have to be a senior staff service, like road edits. It'd potentially need quite some time from senior staff.