[Suggestion] EMC Bill of Rights

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Windylava, Jun 17, 2016.

?

Should EMC have a Bill of rights for the EMC members

Yes 46 vote(s) 26.0%
No 131 vote(s) 74.0%
  1. Every member is welcome to post anything that does not break any of the rules. That's why they are called rules. If you break the rules, then you may be subject to staff punishment.

I will not give players open ground to belittle the staff team or the server in public threads when they do not get their way. Bitemenow15 summed it up quite clearly by showing that it is against one of our rules to do so. Making a secondary statement that contradicts that policy is not something I am looking to do. If a player has a suggestion to improve something, then they are open to make that suggestion for consideration in our suggestion box.

As a player on EMC, you have the privilege to speak your mind within the confines of the present rules. However, if you break the rules, that privilege may be taken away. Rights cannot be taken away, so to be honest, you have no rights on EMC. If that statement bothers you, then you need to double check your definitions. 'A privilege is granted by a group or individual as either a reward for, or conditional upon, good behavior.' Every action you take on EMC is a privilege conditional upon you following the rules.

If someone has a problem with the actions of a specific EMC staff, then they can contact me directly, as it already says to. That way I can actually work to fix the problem instead of it resulting in a 14 page thread with vague commentary going around and around in circles to no end.

I added the parts that we deemed as necessary from the original creator of this thread. I have directly dealt with and solved the issue that resulted in this thread's creation in the first place. I have stated that the mission statement is open for reasonable adjustment and you have started a thread asking for community input on this, then subject to my approval. This thread has reached its end.
  2. can we add a button to like this more than once?:)
  3. exactly!! :D This has gone for so long because MM doesnt like how EMC is, he has even proven that he doesnt care bout what we think unless it coincides with his beliefs, which for 1 is completely wrong and 2 just flat out rude, MM you cant just ignore us all because we dont follow your belief, and as bitemenow15 and krysyy said earlier bout the rules, you should know that your idea is flawed, "Every member is welcome to freely and openly discuss and criticize the direction of the Server, the rules, policies, decisions and actions of the EMC staff in public threads in the forum"
    that just screams "lets start drama" it confuses me as to why you would even want to be able to PUBLICLY belittle and humiliate staff in the open, on top of that, the ACTUAL OP of this thread like Shel said has shown remorse for even making this thread and said he would be taking leave from EMC, what YOU want is far different from what HE was thinking, so, im sorry that you feel this way bout EMC and the community, and might i suggest some soul searching? :)

Edit: Like Ace said can we get a button to like something multiple times? :D
  4. Perhaps this thread has been circling around, but it has got to the point.

All of people that were calling for a premature end of the thread -
    perhaps a bit more patience would be good.

All people with rude imputing and insulting personal attacks, like Sparticals -
    you're the ones breaking the rules here.

All people claiming that this thread is about asking for something "we already have" -
    Not!

It would be good to add your answer to the wiki in a way so that people have chance to know from the beginning. The "no drama" rule is not enough explicit, it is not clear that discussing and criticizing rules, policies and staff decisions and actions is "drama" and thus against the rules, so unwanted if not outright forbidden.

Imagine a big party in Aikars house. Aikar asks Krysyy to be the host, make rules and take care that people have fun. Everyone is invited who accept the rules. Would it be ok to come to the party and then criticize the host and the rules openly with other participants? I don't think so. It is a "private party."
  5. You've missed the point entirely. You, as a member of EMC, hold the privilege to post anything that is within the confines of the stated rules. I don't need to add this to anywhere, because that's why they are rules. They are the guidelines you must follow. Follow the guidelines and we're good. Don't and you'll end up with staff punishment. It's the basics of any rules.

You know the limits of drama. You've been a part of this server long enough to understand what we mean. When I have new players legitimately confused by the wording choice, then I will look at changing something. Until such a time, the server will keep going and we will continue to enforce the rules as they are currently written.

If we honestly had an issue with constructive server criticism in threads, then this thread would have been closed on first sight. However, as you can plainly see, it wasn't. Does this need to be in writing for players to throw in my face when they step out of line? No, it doesn't.

I have made multiple efforts to fix whatever issues are bothering you, but in the end, this is a private server and players have to behave in order to maintain their privileges. If you have a problem with that, then I advise you to find a government run minecraft server where your unalienable rights apply (if over 18 of course).
  6. i did not mean anything i said to be taken the wrong way, im just trying to be of good nature and do apologize if it was taken the wrong way, i just dont feel as though you truly care for the community but your own ideas and opinions or anyone's who AGREE with you :/
  7. I fully agree with Krysyy. I am stating that the rules and TOS and all other directions on ways to conduct myself are clear while playing EMC. I understand that if anything needs to be addressed I can approach staff, Krysyy or Aikar as I choose but will reap the best results by following the chain of command that has been presented. I understand that my concerns will be considered and addressed if possible within the limits of the server and staff abilities and patience of such. I enter this server to play on my own free will and can be sent back out the same port I digitally entered if it is deemed I have worn out my welcome and am not playing well with others.

Signed by

Acemox2k

It may seem silly, but it is the last thing I want to say on the matter ( especially since Krysyy said "This thread has reached it's end.") I Agree with the current system and have seen or heard of no specific situation that warrants continuing this.

I ask everyone else to please stop as well. This thread is not what it started to be and will possibly cause the OP to feel more upset for what MAY have been a misspoken post that turned runaway. Staff has been gracious in not closing it, as they have been accused of that they would do, waiting for the unrest to die down. Its not. This is a prime example though, sometimes it just needs to be stopped. This is not criticism of staff or the community it just seems to be human nature. Seriously, take a break from the topic and think about it. give it a few days, weeks. Think about it like a chess game. Then use PM to correspond to krysyy to bounce some ideas and thoughts.

Just my 2 rupees though...
  8. This is just my 2 cents but I don't think you have anything to apologize for. I've read nearly all your posts in this thread and I can't find anything offensive in there. The problem with these things is that there's a huge difference between the way you write things down, and the way another person reads and/or perceives those things. Even if you didn't intend to, and even if you actually didn't, then that's no guarantee that someone won't pick it up in a different and/or wrong way.
    Sparticals and 607 like this.