[SUGGESTION] Easier Vault Interface

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by rykly18, Jan 4, 2018.

?

Yeah?

Yeah! 7 vote(s) 77.8%
Nah... 2 vote(s) 22.2%
  1. This is a very minor change that would just a little bit in my opinion so if you're anything like me, you lose things in your vault very easily. I noticed that in the /res set interface, when you click on the "next page" head, the cursor stays on the head, but in /vault, after you click next page it resets your cursor slightly upwards and to the left, causing me to constantly click on the chest making me lose track of what page I was on. I think the code that causes the cursor to be moved back to the default position should be changed to keep the mouse where it was left to more easily navigate through the vault pages. Opinions?
  2. +1, having to move your cursor back down to the button when flipping through vault pages gets very old very quickly. I would love to see this added.
    Gordan_the_Gourd likes this.
  3. good idea. but if they delay dragon tombs for this no thanks.
    Percolate and Gordan_the_Gourd like this.
  4. +1 for sure
  5. +1 I can relate
  6. I doubt fixing code this small would have any major impact on other updates
  7. This is a planned improvement. It is a relatively complicated change which is why it has not happened yet. ultimately, I just need more time.
  8. Oh sweet, thanks chickeneer!
  9. +1 although... I have a glitch where if I start clicking on vault page turner and I continue to click, the clicks will register as page turns
  10. +1

It's not a fix. Since it closes the chest GUI and opens another one for a different page, it resets the cursor position. To get it to not reset it, they would need to code it so it updates the contents of the container.

I still remember when you used to be able to sort vaults with Inventory Tweaks. ;-;
  11. Personally, I have thought about this before and do not see why assigning a key to the arrows would not fix this easily. My personal thought would be to use the strafe keys for this so that the left strafe would arrow left and the right strafe would arrow right. This way the mouse cursor movement is not necessary at all. Also since you are technically in a gui at this time I do not see why keys such as these could not be re-purposed for such action. Maybe this thought could be helpful in the solution to this known issue.

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder