[Suggestion] Don't Alert yourself

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Tuqueque, Dec 26, 2016.

?

Like?

+1 13 vote(s) 72.2%
+0 3 vote(s) 16.7%
-1 (really?) 2 vote(s) 11.1%
  1. In the current system of /chat alert if you say something that contains an alert you have set it dings you, but I don't think it makes sense to alert you of something you posted so yeah... Don't alert me of my own stuff pls

if you dont like it pls tell why...
    Gawadrolt and ILTG like this.
  2. YES lol that always annoyed me
    Gawadrolt, chrissyy_ and Tuqueque like this.
  3. Ok so this is gonna sound pretty stupid but some of us more, speshul, EMC members enjoy messing around. Prime example being TWOCK, if you haven't heard about it,

https://empireminecraft.com/threads...-official-emc-word-denied.69391/#post-1273825

this isn't the first type of situation where this has been done in-game, but we were messing around and setting it as an alert to make it ding us, just having fun. I think it's a bad idea to remove the ability to ding yourself seeing as it would stop stupid things like that from happening.

HOWEVER

Why not make it a PS? Those of you members of EMC who don't like can turn it off while those of us who like to mess around can keep it there.

Edit : Rereading that, I now realize I worded that in an awful manner. If you need me to reword it I can.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  4. I like the alert. It's silly.
    Jelle68 and Tuqueque like this.
  5. I need my in-game alarm clock, it helps me to remind myself that I'm talking to myself again :D

Anyway, more seriously, I'm a bit in between. I don't really mind either way.
  6. bump, even as a PS setting pls
    Sgt_Pepper4 and jkrmnj like this.
  7. I think this would be good as a ps setting option also :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. I feel like that's a fair compromise.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. this reminds me i need to change my alerts.
    Tuqueque and Sgt_Pepper4 like this.
  10. My alerts: Tower, Hello, Welcome, Coffee, Tea, JeeperCreeper, Guitar, music, staff, mod, ban, report, ZZtop, ACDC, ECT....

Just a few alerts so I can here that ding ding a ling....
    Tuqueque likes this.
  11. I understand why someone would want this, and I don't see any negative to it so +1
    But from my point of view I will not be using this, I find the alert useful for when I am not tabbed into minecraft and I just like it in general :p
    Rimont likes this.
  12. Seems quite useful to me, since I do quite usually talk about things I've got my alerts on (like the name of my mall, all my accounts' names, and I also quite usually say my own name in the sentence "just call me Jelle") so, a +1 from me, and btw, I always thought this was a bug...
    Tuqueque likes this.