[SUGGESTION] Dispensers and TNT

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Bravo_Zulu, Feb 21, 2018.

1. SUGGESTION

Dispensers and TNT

I have been an Empire Minecraft member for 527 days as of the writing of this suggestion, and about that long on the Forums.

Please forgive any ignorance of the ‘Dispensing’ policies as I was unable to find much of a history on this subject in my form searches.

-----------------
    (Leaving granularity to the wisdom of the Senior Staff)

INTENT:

Dispensing of lit TNT in a player’s residence. Essentially the restoration of the Vanilla intended use of dispensers, to include the use of TNT with restrictions.

CONCEPT:

Automated use of TNT from a dispenser to harvest blocks from Farms. I feel this allowance would add to the choices a player has to participate in the EMC Economy simultaneously moving EMC closer to the vanilla format it was intended to be.

FINDINGS THUS FAR:

I initially intended to exercise this practice in the depths of my own residence, but soon found it was restricted. Inspiration unfettered I moved out to the Frontier to find it was likewise restricted. Hope not lost I went to my Friend Cubefragment who subsequently tested in the Waste without success. Just for completeness, the Nether was also tested, and the outcome was as expected.

CAVEATS:

The restricted use of TNT is understandable. The untethered use of such a thing in an online, free to use, world would have disastrous consequences and inevitably prove self-defeating. This being true, even when restricted to a residence that use may also need to be restricted within a subzone of that residence to preserve the integrity of boundaries. Now, according to what I’ve read on the EMC Website, supporters are allotted multiple subzones, where a non-supporter is allotted but one, making all players eligible. (I am ignorant as to the effects TNT would have on the borders of a residence.) Also, access to that subzone may need to be secured, to a point, to help prevent any unintended event. At first I thought these subzones should be restricted to below ground level, but with further thought, anywhere within the residence would work so long as subzones are underground or within a structure. I think though that any such subzone should be 10 blocks in from any edge of the residence border/edge. (Max TNT blast being 6.9 blocks rounded up to 10)

-----------------

Thank you for considering my suggestion.
    607 and cubefragment like this.
  2. I like it +1
    cubefragment likes this.
  3. Here is a screenshot of my attempt at a TNT harvester . . . it's at the bottom of my res.
    No Farms are connected to it yet . . .
  4. I know Bravo put a lot of thinking behind this suggestion. I am a little bias because I helped with the testing. I believe this is good idea on the grounds that it would be residence only, and only within a subzone of the residence. This a +1 from me also. :p
    Bravo_Zulu likes this.
  5. +1 I want access to automated tree farms again. A vanilla Feature that needs to be allowed on EMC again.
    Bravo_Zulu and cubefragment like this.
  6. aikar hates TNT cause of how it effects server performance so good luck yall
  7. I would have to say -/+0 as it would impact server lag as well as can lag nearby reses more.

There is then the issue of if someone could use it out of town to harm another or to break builds made by others.
  8. +1

Sometimes you just want to blow stuff up! :mad:

A long time ago in a wasteland far, far away...

Begun, the TNT wars have...

Ok, so this wasn't on my residence but it still was fun. At one day LBoss & me decided "let's blow up the waste" so we head out with at least 1DC of TNT (this was before shulker boxes existed!) and as you can see we even made it down to bedrock (I made that sound really difficult and such, lol!).

Getting back to the surface while only using TNT turned out to be a "little bit" more difficult but oh well :D
    607, Bravo_Zulu and cubefragment like this.
  9. 'bout time for a bump . . .
    Some more input by others would be nice.
    Thanks
    cubefragment likes this.
  10. Okay, this suggestion may have reached its End of Life. I haven't heard anything official thus far, nor have there been any more comments.

Although, this is my first suggestion, so I really don't have a reference as to how long this may take.

Thanks
    -BZ-
    cubefragment and 607 like this.
  11. Don't worry! Just because you don't hear back doesn't mean that the staff and/or developers haven't seen it. From what I gather Krysyy usually spots things and if she thinks it's interesting enough will bring the suggestion to the attention of the developers.

But that doesn't mean that's the only way these things work. Even the devs. roam these forums and will notice things.

Never get discouraged if you didn't get any official feedback. Because you'll never know what's happening behind the scenes!
    cubefragment, 607 and Bravo_Zulu like this.
  12. As for the concern about LAG from TNT. The time between each dispensed TNT would be counted in the number of minutes, not seconds.

-BZ-
    cubefragment likes this.