[Suggestion/Discussion] Normal vs Hard Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Cyberazaz101, Mar 21, 2020.

?

What difficulty do you normally play on OUTSIDE of EMC?

Poll closed Mar 28, 2020.
Peaceful 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Easy 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Normal 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Hard 1 vote(s) 100.0%
Hardcore 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is more of a here's what I want, but maybe not kind of post.

I recently been working with all the new villagers and when a Zombie got to him, he just straight up perished rather than convert into a zombie villager. This annoyed me extremely since I worked for days to get a villager with that exact trade on it. Looking into it, I realized this due to EMC being set on the base "Normal" difficulty. This wouldn't have happened if EMC was on "Hard" difficulty. So I was wondering if they [dev team] could either make that part of "Hard" mode over into EMC or simply switch the base difficulty to "Hard" mode. Below is a list I pulled from the Minecraft Wiki of the differences for those unaware of the differences between "Normal" and "Hard" mode.

Normal:
    "Hostile mobs spawn and deal standard damage. The hunger bar can deplete, leaving the player with a half-heart if it drains completely. Zombies do not break down doors, but villagers killed by zombies have a 50% chance of turning into zombie villagers."

Hard:
    "Hostile mobs deal greater damage than on Normal difficulty. The hunger bar can deplete, and the player starves to death if it drains completely. Zombies can break through wooden doors and can spawn reinforcements when attacked. Spiders can spawn with a beneficial status effect (speed, strength, regeneration & invisibility) and these effects have an infinite duration in Java Edition. Villagers killed by zombies always turn into zombie villagers."

I'm curious to if this could be done or the reasons why we aren't on "Hard" mode already?
  2. We're on normal mode with personal settings to increase difficulty without affecting those who wish to play on a lower difficulty. We have a balance of players who prefer both play styles so we stay in the middle.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  3. Maybe just ask the dev to make the odds of a villager turning into a zombie 100% on normal mode?
  4. I mean technically isn't it a greater hardship that the zombie killed your villager and you can't just cure it? Seems the game is making it harder on you considering you would have preferred it to convert instead of die. So it's truly harder for you in that moment.

Just philosophizing over here...
  5. You forgot the most important part of what hard mode brings. It brings extremely cheap trades via an exploit. All trades in fact for 1 emerald. If the economy is already on life support, this would pull the plug, dance on it's grave and then haunt it for eternity. On a server it's an awful exploit that would do far more harm than good. Best left to single player. If anything it should be changed to Easy mode so there is 0% chance of getting this.
    jacob5089 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  6. Trying to keep my opinions on the economy for a different thread so I won't even touch that but...

If this "exploit" is so detrimental to the server, would there be a way to patch that out in a custom plugin? Given the influx of new players and such if not me, then someone surely will attempt to use it. And personally, I feel that it isn't an exploit since it is intended to work that way.
  7. Well you wouldn't though. You are trying to profit from it lol
  8. *sigh* This is why I wanted change in EMC, but this is a shining example of why I don't give suggestions. Thanks everyone. Just close this thread. We're done here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.