[Suggestion] Disallow Promotional Item Hoarding.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Faithcaster, Aug 8, 2014.

?

What do you think of this suggestion?

Yes 18 vote(s) 29.0%
I don't care, I don't like free items 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No 44 vote(s) 71.0%
  1. Who cares? It's their promo, why does it matter if they decide to keep it? If they purchased it themself, it shouldn't matter.
    slash14459 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  2. I was not directing my comments at you. I did not mean to be confrontational.

I personally don't think it's any matter or morality, it is just a game.

I have experienced days when players who haven't even learned to use chat yet are being sent an assault of PM's in game to sell their items. At times it would almost be better to give them nothing so people don't have any reason to pounce.

Isn't that the textbook definition of newb?
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  3. If I were to join a server and they gave me some item as I joined and in chat it said "happy holidays", I would assume its special and not trade it until I at least find out about the economy..
    SteamedEcko likes this.
  4. If they purchase it, good for them.

I believe we are talking about those new players who get it for free and sell it for 1/2 of what it is worth.
  5. Right when an item comes out, It is up to the community to determine what the price is. Even if you prevent players from buying other player's items right when they come out, once it's finally allowed, Noone will know what they are worth, because noone will have sold one before. So Right when they are allowed to be sold, people would do the same Exact thing as you are complaining about, and this approach will not help anything, just delay and sales, and irritate shop owners.

If Noone is selling them, there is No way to determine what a Brand new item is worth. That being said, How is the price of an item determined?

An Admin will not determine a price for anything.

If the /Shop sells the item, That does not determine any prices. Most (if not, all) promos don't sell for what they did in /Shop.

The price of every item is determined by the players.
    SteamedEcko and just_five_fun like this.
  6. Again, who cares? It's their promo, if they want to sell it for 50% off or whatever, level them.

Making it illegal to discount a promo, or not sell it at all, isn't just unfair, it's silly.
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  7. -~=>Updated La Fillieto OP<=~-
    607 likes this.