Suggestion: Derelict policy change

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by We3_10AC, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I remember a time when you had to message one of the staff members to make sure your residents wasn't reset. Ahh good old JustinGuy times. The timer back then was WAYY smaller than we have today. So be grateful this system that we have now has improved since my old times.

Now to your suggested idea, no there shouldn't be a extra time for new members or PAY for more days to be added. As many quotes of said.
    If anything, I suggest players who have been here longer than 3+ years should get a bonus on the timer. But that is my opinion.
  2. Ah, yes, the chests I can agree with. But still.... I know I'm playing the devils advocate here, I really do.

I like your idea, and you're right of course. When people only hop on and run off... But here are my 2 issues with all this: are you sure they only hop on every month for 1 minute or could there be more? Also: what if those players are having personal issues (whatever it may be) right now and in 1 - 2 months time turn out to become awesome supporters of the community?

And well... I have 4 residences myself and some of them never change; not even chests or such. That could be an obstacle as well.

Which is the common issue with these kinds of suggestions: they usually target a lot more players than the ones you intended to....
  3. I see what you're saying. You can't make a change for all, and have it affect the few who are actually having a personal issue; especially if they do not know you can contact staff to have temporary derelict protection. :(
    We3_Nub_ and ShelLuser like this.
  4. If you are unable to get online for a while, you can also let admin know and they can change the status of your res, but keep in mind you can not change it and come on every other day. doing so will result in reset back to 30 days. Kyzoy is a good example, he is unable to get online due to real life, so his status is in 200 days.
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  5. I have a neighbor who built a beautiful house( I call it castle) and I saw him working on every day on his building. He has a lot of redstone in his res so it causes me some lags. One day, I noticed he seems not logging in these days, I sometimes visited his house because I really like it (he may not know I'm doing that XP) so I checked the status and found that he's in derelict.

I decided to vote under his name to extend 30 days for his last chance because I thought it's a lot of work to be erased. (even though I felt lagging because of the building) it may give him awkward feeling when he realizes someone voted for him but I thought this way "if he was waiting the res to be reset, he just can log in and reset it himself." so I voted.

30 days passes so quick if you are super busy and I like the idea, but you can vote for them to prevent going derelict if you strongly feel the res should remain there. I know this is not what you trying to say, but this is one way to make it happen as well :) just my opinion.
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  6. If another player's residence is causing you to lag (and they're not online), you can /report the residence and senior staff will (probably) stop the redstone. :)
  7. wow! thank you for the advise! I will try that when something gets worse to play game! At this moment, I still can play normal :) my friend who has slower connection mentioned it so.
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  8. If this is the case then I think I need to move a couple machines and unclaim 3 of my reses lol.
  9. We already have a lot of empty residences and this would just cause more, no one wants an abandoned residence. I like the current system so -1
  10. Aikar and Krysyyjane9191 have solid points We3Mosses. If anything I'd put a suggestion to lower the derelict timer but hey thats just me. Its not hard to log in / vote once a month to keep your residence intact. If work/school is really consuming your time, then yeah a permanent derelict protection voucher fits the description of something you MUST have then. The only downside of the perm voucher is when your neighbor builds a massive lag sugar cane farm that runs 24/7 next to your residence but that was recently taken care of (Special thanks to Kryysy for that :) ).

Edit: Heck I remember when the derelict policy was 10 days regardless of how many days you've played. That was legit and kept people active enough :p
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  11. Yeah, though NZscruffy turns his off when him and samsimx are going to be gone like this, and they are voting to stop this.
    And Kyzoy was on 3 hours ago, but got a perm derelict voucher.
  12. You could just make it where 1yr+ well-known members with a voting score of over 300 have it extended to 45 days. I have a close friend that isaway due to IRL family / exams, and I'm voting for him every 15 to 20 days to stop him from going derelict. A good example would be magetrixx, they have been away for 80 days, and they have perm derelict because they only log on to check with staff and neighbors.
  13. Yea, but he comes on once every month or so, very rare, sometimes not even for 3 months. and his main has one, but his alts don't.
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  14. Can someone please lock this thread before it causes any more trouble?
  15. Report the first post...
  16. Personally, I really like the derelict policy. It keeps the "neighborhood" active. I would hate to be surrounded by people who never log on to the server. However, I can relate to you about the residents that contain simple wood houses and/ or farm's for a few days, and immediately go derelict. I was taking a stroll just last night on smp9 around my own res and saw 4 that could be described just like that. I don't know what could be done about this apparent trend, but I do hope those plots are filled some day by active members who stay and make bigger, more exciting builds on those plots for me to enjoy. Perhaps I could even stop by if I need to borrow a cup of sugar :D
    We3_Nub_ and ShelLuser like this.
  17. i agree, theres this one res im hunting down for my event build but the player logs in once a month and thats it. i tried pming him on the forums but no reply. although i do feel the derelict policy is extremely fair and well organized :) i have nothing to complain about besides the fact that i wish certain player would be a little more active than that if they want to hold their reses. please, at least vote in order to support the server ^.^
    We3_Nub_ and DeathPunchKitty like this.
  18. I'm a bit new to EMC so I was a bit confused about the derelict policy at first but I see when you've been a member for a month+ you have 30 days protection. Also, your protection can be reset to 0 at any time by simply voting, without logging in. As other people have noted, that does seem pretty generous.

That said, here's a Counter-Suggestion:

Make a 1-yr Derelict Protection Plan for say $25 with the option have it count towards full protection. So if you buy a 1-yr plan you could then upgrade to full for $75 or if you simply buy 4 1-yr plans, you would be automatically upgraded to full protection. Just a thought.
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  19. Sorry I don't see us doing anything like that.
    finch_rocks_1 and ShelLuser like this.
  20. There is already a permanent derelict protection available. I'm not sure if you're aware of that. It is available for purchase in the supporter section, but it costs $100.
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.