[Suggestion] Custom Mob settings

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Daynsyy, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Hi all,

So in the one week I've been a part of EMC, I've had Momentus spawn on me 5 times. 5! Seems WAYYYYY too common given that the stats claim a 1% spawn rate per player per day.

Can this be amended? ALL of the XP I've spent the last week gaining and using on tools has been lost in 2 minutes with Momentus.I'm on difficulty 2. Really saps the fun out when you don't stand a chance.

- Why is Momentus default 5? Why can't his settings be changed? What's the point in being able to adjust /ps if mobs [custom] remain their own level?
    - How long does it take him to stop raging to even stand a chance of getting your stuff back?
    - What isn't their a soulbound enchantment so I don't have to lose literally everything? ;-;
    - Why can't you adjust custom mobs to be neutral in exchange for no drops? Or something similar?

Please help me. I'm so frustrated!! I'm only an adventurer ;-;
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. You can disable miniboss spawns in your /ps settings. /diff (number 1-10) will change your difficulty. This also affects minibosses.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Yeah you can turn off both Miniboss spawns and Enraged spawns in your /ps settings, that will prevent those types of mobs from spawning.

Also, about your stuff... you can ask another player to help out. If you start voting for the site eventually you'll get voters armor and tools and those are soulbound just FYI.
    Daynsyy and ShelLuser like this.
  4. Also note that you don't have to attack Momentus. It doesn't auto attack (same goes for Marlix) unless your difficulty is too high (7 and up).

But I can confirm that your player difficulty (/diff or /ps) most definitely affects your gameplay. My friend nearly always plays on /diff 4 while I always play on /diff 6 and I've noticed the differences in "hits needed to kill" many times.

PS: I'd be happy to help you get rid of that Momo or get your items back. Lessee if I can find you in-game.
  5. Lucky....Before 1.11 Momentus spawned for me almost everyday. I would kill 4-6 Momentus' a week. I'm lucky to come across 1 or 2 a week now.
    Daynsyy likes this.
  6. Didn't know this, thanks for the heads up! :D
  7. RIP me.

How long does your loot stay on the ground before it disappears? I was worried that when you die again that your first loot is lost but I learnt this isn't the case. Oh man I have so much to learn....
    AhsokaTower likes this.
  8. FYI: Turned off mini bosses so almost every post I make isn't crying about Momentus now, sorry all <3
  9. Just FYI, you may still see a Momentus from time to time even with Miniboss spawns off, because if other players have Miniboss spawns on then they will spawn and you may just be nearby. So all you have to do is avoid them when that happens.
  10. Less chances of seeing him trumps daily friendship bracelet exchanges, haha. Just didn't see it in the settings before, because I'm a terribly clueless n00b.