[Suggestion] Cross-residence Teleports

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by The_Mancub, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Teleport signs can only be used on your current residence, but wouldn't it be cool if we could use them to teleport to areas on other residences too? Right now you can only use named locations to send a player to, but why not also allow us RTS signs across residences, especially when you have a build that is bigger then just 1 residence.
    ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.
  2. This is already a thing...?

Code:
    [Teleport]
    <res>@<location>

Put on a sign
    BlitzAttack and The_Mancub like this.
  3. That's is only for saved locations. It does not let you do /tpsign and place the sign on a different residence

607 likes this.
  4. On the sign put number@location_name. I have it this way on many reses.
  5. I think what is being asked for is a way to use the standard coordinates, rather than the saved location.
    A long time ago (before res locations existed at all), you weren't able to easily teleport from one res to the other without going to that residence's designated starting spawn. Then we added res locations and you could effectively teleport to individual spawn locations based off what you were looking for.( i.e. 3006@tardis or 3006@shop (both of which fake))

I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before, and these were staff notes...
    Res locations have limits, set forth by supporter-ship level, which this would bypass. In addition, another player may not want you to be able to teleport to a certain location. That's why we have the idea of /res set namedtp f to prevent people setting a teleport to the mob arena prize room, or another player's storage room that they don't want people loitering in. Without a res location, this system doesn't recognize these limits.
    Mythical_Man likes this.
  6. OP is asking about exact location RTS signs.

Teleport locations are up to the owner of the Residence. We will never allow free form choosing where to teleport on another players res.

What if they only want you to go there once and never again?

The best I could ever see us doing is allowing it if you have (and maintain) admin/owner on the destination residence.
    ShelLuser, 607, Jelle68 and 2 others like this.
  7. Would it be possible that it only works if said person has admin. So as soon as their admin is removed the sign would not work.
    Mythical_Man likes this.
  8. yer that would be great if it a different one of your other residence next to each other or if you are an admin on a residence but not some random residence you do not have admin/own
  9. I said maintains :p
    ShelLuser, 607, finch_rocks_1 and 2 others like this.
  10. Brain is not 100% hehe :p
  11. i would find this very usefull :)
  12. You can do this by:

Claim the residence you want to tp, do /res tpsign, then put the sign. Move the residence with the sign using the SS service to your preffered residence number, right click the sign(with the coords of the old residence), and boom! You tpped outside your res
  13. you can't claim the residence that you are just admin on or you had diamond supporter on in the past you can't unclaim and claim again unless you get diamond again.
  14. It can be done without any supportership, but supportership does help... wouldn't be that usefull unless, you have already the locations coords known, because you can set as many locations as you want, but someone can just build a dirt house, in the res that you just unclaimed
  15. I think this should be added as soon as possible, I have done quite alot multiple-residences projects in the past, and this really would help :)

Also, could it be an Idea to not have to use admin flag, but using a seperate flag for it (of corse, admin also works) so that people like me, who own a mall, can make everyone do that. So that, if someone is farming let's see purpur, they can set a teleport to that shop sign so they can daily check if they can sell some more items to that shop sign.

I know that works, but it's, in my opinion, a little overcomplicated and expensive. mostly if you have more than two residences and/or you're building without a pre-build in singleplayer. I know many builders build like that, so I guess that's not really an option for this proplem...
  16. So this thread is a little old but I have two more ideas.

So a way to prevent people (Bob) from making a tp on a residence that the owner (Fred) does not want them to have a tp sign would be if the Bob has admin but, if Fred doesnt want to give admin but is Ok with Bob having a tp then I suggest this. Make it so Fred can do /res tpsign the Fred can go to Bob's plot and place the sign.

My other idea is which I think can easily be implemented is if both the plots are owned by me (the one with sign and one with tp) then I can do it.