[SUGGESTION] Creating a mobile application

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by polemical, May 22, 2017.

1. Hello, I have a suggestion, it's most likely that this has already been made, but I would to suggest creating a mobile application for the EMC website. What I mean by that, of course is to have this website incorporated in an easy use application for Android, and iOS. A great feature to also add would be to chat in between platforms (from mobile to in-game.. or something like that).

These are just some ideas that I've had for a while :)
  2. If I kept learning got really good at web development, I might be able to do this as a side project. In-game to mobile, you can use an app like Minechat.
    Tuqueque and polemical like this.
  3. I also failed to mention like the Mobile App would be nice if it looked like Facebook App, or something like that. I think it would make it interesting :)
  4. I like this idea. I just use google for it. Pretty useful but an app would be nice. :)
    polemical likes this.
  5. It's not really feasible to do this right now. Mobile apps are a pain to create/maintain, and EMC already has an (albeit, not amazing) mobile version of its site.
  6. The web has reached the age where no one wants mobile apps anymore, its better to simply make your website look good in a mobile browser.

I've put some effort into that, although not perfect, it's mostly functional now.

We absolutely would never have the time to do something official as an app. Any effort towards mobile would be on improving the current responsiveness instead.
    Tuqueque, Carbonyx and polemical like this.
  7. Understandable :)
  8. I made one a while ago (if you search the forums you might find it) and it worked alright, but I gave up on it after a while and lost the key for signing it. Something changed on the site and it no longer works. I might be interested in rewriting it from scratch if there is interest in something like that.
    polemical likes this.