[suggestion] Clean Up Res Flag's in /res Info Group Flags

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by finch_rocks_1, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Hey EMC,

I have been noticing many reses with Many flag's and to the point where it spams the chat, so this suggestion is to clean it up.

This is the exact layout right now.

Residence: finch_rocks_1-3 (Address: 12004)
    Owner: finch_rocks_1
    Derelict Status: Protected (Permanent)
    Flags: -container, -use, -move, -build
    Your Flags: admin [+admin]
    Other Flags: TheMegaMall[admin[+admin] ] finch_rocks_2[admin[+admin] ] finch_rocks[admin[+admin] ] DoMxWAFFL3x[admin[+admin] ]

This is the Suggestion to help clean up the commands of the Group flags.

Residence: finch_rocks_1-3 (Address: 12004)
    Owner: finch_rocks_1
    Derelict Status: Protected (Permanent)
    Flags: -container, -use, -move, -build
    Your Flags: admin [+admin]
    Other Flags: [ TheMegaMall, finch_rocks_2, finch_rocks, DoMxWAFFL3x[ [ admin] [+admin] ] ]
    UltiPig likes this.
  2. I like it
    finch_rocks_1 likes this.
  3. That's a great idea!

I'd like to add one thing:
    Maybe the flags could be listed like "build, use, container, etc" and hovering your mouse over those flag names would show a full list of users with that flag. :)
    finch_rocks_1 likes this.
  4. -1.
    Although it would seem advantageous for simple configurations like this. The flags list is intended to be as clear as possible. Meaning, if a player is in a group with flags set, but has flags set on them as an individual player. They are either going to be listed twice for their group flags and player flags, or skipped in one of them. The current setup for /res info runs a check with priority between player flags and group flags to find which one will be effective on them.

Could look into some type of hover information. The setup for such would need some more brainstorming first though.
  5. information accuracy is more important than information display.

We ended up like how it is as its the best way to accurately display who has what permission and WHY they have that permission.

It seems like your suggesting grouping 'like' permissions which isn't unreasonable, but very tricky in terms of calculations to figure out the display.
    DrMadFate likes this.
  6. I'd be nice for non-res-owners/admins if other players flags were just shown on name hover.

EDIT: Chicken beat me
    DrMadFate likes this.