(Suggestion) Chat exclusive to the wild.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by GodricLemons, Feb 16, 2017.

1. In terms of communication, you're separated from town and "civilisation". Alone in the wild.
  2. Yeah, he's making a joke about lemons because his name relates to lemons. I get it. He still said nfell was being bitter about his suggestion, something he only said because he said he doesn't like the suggestion, he just did it in a 'humorous' (<very strong quotation marks) way. Just saying...
  3. Was feeling really sour yesterday but I ate a snickers today and I feel lemony fresh.

The suggestion was mostly so one could politely ask everyone in the wild to find a bed to sleep into pass the night away. Without needing to either try an add everyone to a group or pm each single player.
  4. The whole bed thing doesn't work to pass the night away.
    Equinox_Boss and GodricLemons like this.
  5. Have you tried it? I've done it here on EMC before when I was the only one on. Granted it was in the waste and not wild.
    ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. Unless it's been changed, it does work.
  7. Can confirm, if everyone that is in any of the wild worlds sleeps then the night will pass.
  8. Sure it does. That is a vanilla Minecraft feature.
  9. A joke made about fresh produce? THAT WASN'T ME?
    CEASE YOUR ACTIONS NOW SIRE OR FACE THE WRATH OF A RATHER SHARP VEGETABLE
    In other news, I don't think this would be a good idea for a couple reasons. For anyone too lazy to go and read the previous ones I'll include them here
    • If you do need help, then wild chat would be useless. If they are too far for local chat they are too far to help you
    • Night time is relatively easy to pass through, especially in already established settlements
    • It diminishes the whole survival aspect
    • There are less people in the wild than in town. It'd make no sense to create an entire global chat when you can invite someone to a group, which can potentially give benefits.
    • Speaking of less people, who would you be talking to? Sometimes there are actually no people in the wild. And if you want to talk to them that badly just use /c g
    The intention was good but it wouldn't really accomplish anything /c g or /c l couldn't do the same if not better.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. One important thing to keep in mind though is the intent. Because let's be honest: writing is a horrid way to get your point across due to the risk of coming over as rude, even if you didn't intend it that way. The main reason smileys were invented but even those can only do so much.

Although I do agree with you (the post seemed a bit off) it never really struck me as a purposely intent of bad mouthing nfell.
    ElfinCarrot and Equinox_Boss like this.
  11. How would you know who is in the wikd and who isn't? Isn't it a bit very inconvenient to have to PM everyone/many people on the server to get to know this?
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  12. That's very easy :D If you follow Shell's "who is in the wild multiple step plan" you're bound to get some success. Sorta..

Step 1: @t Hello, who is in the Frontier right now?
    Step 2: /p <all the white players>

Uhm, right, that didn't sound wrong at all :eek:

Politically corrected step 2: /p <all the quartz supporters> :D

Optional: step 2a: @<quartz supporter name> Are you in the wild? (only to be used when player location is invisible).

Step 3: /invite all involved players.

Step 4: @g This is the EMC healthcare department, it's time to go to bed guys. Please use your beds now!

Step 5: PROFIT! :D

... or something ;)
    TomvanWijnen and Equinox_Boss like this.
  13. Perfect pic response is perfect.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.