(Suggestion) Bedrock exchange

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MajorHaze, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Ever wanted a different block in place of the bedrock but can't afford to remove the bedrock.

I suggest that at the cost of a road edit. That instead of simply offering to remove that first layer of bedrock. That it just be exchanged for a different block. Have it coded so that the first layer still can't be removed with out the SS.

I'd simply like to have a grass base layer instead of bedrock. I certainly don't want to pay nearly 2 million to remove all the bedrock just so i can replace it with grass blocks.
    Why not have the SS just type exchange the bedrock for a different block. Simply code the first layer to act as bedrock. Unbreakable.
  2. +9.461
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Can't you just place grass above the bed rock? What did I miss.
  4. space
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Not sure 1 layer is such a big deal however I can see the attraction.

First thing tho, where do you get nearly 2 mil from? Bedrock removal is 1000r per block, a res is 60x60 so 3600 blocks per layer = 3.6 mil for bedrock removal of the entire floor. 14.4 mil for utopia res. Ouch!

With road edits you need to provide the materials. A little over a dc of whichever blocks you want for 1 layer. That takes care of the different cost of materials and then makes it less of a pain for SS to do. If you want a pattern its quite easy, you build it on a different layer and then SS can cut and paste it in.

It would then take some magic to make them unbreakable. That might be the hardest bit. This is the thing that really makes this unlikely.

So the cost. I would still assume a fairly high cost but lets go with 10% of that bedrock removal service as it is for individual blocks and this is a single job. So 360k for normal res, 1.44 mil for utopia.
  6. The issue is bedrock is a Item that does not break, you can not simply make say grass the same way. Only way it would work is to have it under a Protected mode such as Town where you can break it but it would break, it will respawn back in as you cant break it.

Then there is the part where they have to make sure it is resetting proper in the res unclaim/reset mode.

Yes the cost may seem high, but the want it to take away the amount of work that it would require for SS as well as not as many people want to do it.

Then there is the issue where all who already paid millions for this service, and if they lowered it or made it millions cheaper, then that makes it kinda rip them off.

Also, even though its 1k per block, you get supporter discounts as well.

What if there was say a Item like the DDT that would move say a Section of 10x10 bedrock when claiming to SS?

And you may think road edits are cheap, but they can get up there. For my mall, it was 4 roads and cost me 80k...
    MajorHaze and Baradar67 like this.
  7. Sorta for space. But I'd like a garden on the first layer. A fountain in the center. Where the water is in the fountain I wanted to have the 1st layer removed. I like not being able to see the bed rock when looking down the fountain. (I'm talking about the sides of the bedrock. Not the bedrock directly under the fountain. ) Shoot.. Going back and taking screenshots to show you. Got me thinking it's not much of a big deal. It just feels different, in a good way.

I was just throwing a big number out there. I knew it was ore but didn't want to do the math before I made the suggestion.

That would be a fine price for the service. Much better than before.

True, sort of what I was thinking is having then that 1st layer act as if it's part of town. An unbreakable block type deal.

As with road edits, or with removal of bedrock. When a new owner comes in and would like the resetting of a road edit to default or adding the bedrock layer the services for this would be free as it is today.

The work would be no more/less than a road edit which cost far less to do.

Prices are always changing. You wouldn't feel ripped off would you if you had sold a dragon egg for 1 mill a year ago and know you could have sold it for 2.5 mill. No you'd feel like you should have waited. You didn't get ripped off, you just got what the current market was for it. PRICES ARE ALWAYS CHANGING. Alright I could have chosen a different analogy since it's a service and not a rarity. But the principle behind things change when new ideas of services come to be.

Now this would be a great idea. Like the DDTT but for bedrock layer in town. That's brilliant Finch!
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  8. But what type of cost would you assess in this case, were it even possible to code it in the way you are saying?