[Suggestion] Ban *PM* me offer sales on the forums.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Biscuitboy, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Dunno, if they do something bad, then ban them. It's the mod's choice! If they're bad for doing the selling thingy, then... well I'm not a mod. If they're bad about it, then it should be a thought about banning.

Oh and btw:

I totally felt like I had the suds yesterday! *cough cough* :eek:
  2. That wasn't meant to be an auction, I was offering it for sale for 10k and the first person to post that wanted it would get it for 10k. Mba offered 15k because he thought it was worth more and was being kind because I didn't really know the value, he was also the first to post, so he got it. Had someone offered 10k before mba offered 15k, I would have still taken the first offer.
  3. Only actual auctions in the auction threads follow the auction rules. If a player wishes to deal with a single product or service for sale in the other section privately, as a buyer or a seller, it is their choice to do so under their own risk. It's not something we will regulate (because we can't).

For example, if you make a deal with someone in private, in a non-auction deal, and then the buyer decides, "I changed my mind and don't want it anymore.", they can do that in this environment, whereas our official auctions, this would be against the rules.
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  4. Like I told Gollark, I just pulled some examples off the Forum and yours happened to be one. It didn't look like an auction and you didn't ask for pms. In fact I chose yours specifically because I thought you were following the rules(as I understand them) in order to force clarification.

So the distinction being made is that they are selling something and using the word "bid" and bumping it? I must have missed whatever thread this thread is trying to address. What about a thread where someone wants people to supply a shop and asks that they pm them bids for supplies?

Based on what ICC said above, it sounds like we are talking about a problem thread where someone was trying to circumvent the Auction rules and that essentially nothing has changed rule-wise. Is that correct?
  5. precisely the thread in question was closed but there has been one or two that have popped up previously like this
    Pab10S likes this.