[Suggestion] Auto-reset to community chat

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ultipig, Jul 7, 2019.

?

Should this be added?

Yes 8 vote(s) 80.0%
No 2 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. This would mean that if you're offline for a certain amount of time (2+ hours), your chat channel would change from residence, local, etc., back to community.

It could also be toggled in the player settings for those who don't want to use it.
    Agennt, Jay2a, Jelle68 and 1 other person like this.
  2. +0

I guess using "/chat c" is not good enough?
    Agennt likes this.
  3. That'd be useful!
    You won't remember that you're not in community chat after a few hours.
    Agennt and UltiPig like this.
  4. So? If you say something when you log back in, you will notice you typed in the wrong channel, then you can type the "/chat c" command in. Only takes a few seconds. ;)
    Agennt likes this.
  5. Yes, but, effort. Also, it can be kind of frustrating if the conversation is going quickly (as it will see the second time you say the same thing as spam, so you have to word it differently agian) and when you're like me and don't pay too much attention to the letter in fromt: making me sometimes not notice (especially when my alts are near and they can see it)

Anyway, yeah, sounds like a good idea, if it's easily implemented. If it would be difficult, it might not be worth the time, but, as I believe there is some code doing stuff if you've been ofline for a certain amount of time anyway, it might aswell be added to that.
    Agennt and 607 like this.
  6. +1 why not?

I could imagine this is something I'd use if:
    1. It can be toggled in Player Settings (Like you mentioned)
    2. I can change the duration to whatever I want
    Agennt likes this.
  7. +0
    Yes it would be cool, but like Joy said, typing /chat c doesn't take that long, and as for the spam thing, just add an extra space here and there between the words
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.