[Suggestion] Auction rules

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Gawadrolt, Apr 22, 2019.

1. "You are expected to pay within 48 hours of winning an auction, unless you and the auction host agree to different terms, or if the auction's OP states that there is a different time you have to pay within"

I feel like this shouldn't be solely put on the buyer. I recently had an auction that the seller was claiming he wouldn't be able to(he did eventually get this set up within a reasonable time) deliver/set up access to the items being bought. To me this seems like a no-brainer, if anything the person that is auctioning the items has more time to figure out before hand how delivery or pick up is going to be dealt with. Many times people will invest quite a bit into these auctions and they already have to wait for the auctions end. Having to then wait an indeterminate amount of time to get the items, without guarantee that they will get the items gives little recourse for the buyer and kinda puts them in a pickle.

So basically my suggestion is to amend the quoted text here to something like: You are expected to pay/deliver items within 48 hours of the auctions completion.
    TrumanIII, EvilBlo and khixan like this.
  2. Added to auction rules for hosts:
    • You are expected to deliver within 48 hours of the auction ending if payment is received in a timely manner, unless you and the auction winner agree to different terms, or if you clearly indicate in the OP a different delivery timetable.