[Suggestion] Auction Bumps

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Carbonyx, Dec 1, 2016.

?

Good suggestion?

Y 2 vote(s) 40.0%
N 3 vote(s) 60.0%
  1. So I'll get right to it...possibly reducing the amount of required time between bumps from 3 hours to 2 hours. Since the auction rules were last updated before the 100k event (right?) I feel like the EMC forums have grown much larger than fits some aspects of those auction rules. For example, the last thread in the "Recently Active Threads" section has only been there for about 30 minutes. I feel that 2 hours instead of 3 would allow for more competitive auctions.

This is coming from someone who auctions things very rarely; my auctions are only made to

a) get me money when I'm running low

b) get rid of things I don't need

I do believe I only have 3 auctions to my name. It would be nice to hear some feedback from someone who specializes in auctions.

EDIT- maybe this could apply to all types of threads.
    madidiot21 and Kytula like this.
  2. I believe that this fact(that the forums have grown) doesn't mean that we need to spam more the forums, but instead means the opposite. Making the bump time less, would mean that more actions would bump at the same time, making a matter of 5 minutes from being at the top of the recent active threads to the bottom.

so -1
    Gawadrolt and Carbonyx like this.
  3. I've done more auctions then I can remember and personally, I don't think having more frequent bumps will necessarily get your more bids. If you bump at the right time then more people will see it. Maybe if auctions had their own 'Recent' list but since it doesn't I don't think it should be reduced. Just my thoughts on it.
  4. The auction bump time is fine in my opinion. If anything, it should be increased.

-1 from me.