[SUGGESTION] Assigning Multiple Home Reses

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ArkWarrior1, Jul 21, 2017.

1. So, I am tired of having to memorize a bunch of res numbers for my alt accounts, and I can't imagine how hard it is for other players who have many accounts.

So, why not allow us to assign multiple residences as homes, similar to vault pages. For example, I have two residences on my main account that I can go to by using the command /home and /home 2. Along with having these home commands, a player could assign other residences as their "homes." This would allow me to set my alt's residences as home residences instead of having to /v to a certain res number.

While this is not a major inconvenience and I know the devs are busy with other things, I would like to see this added at some time.
    ShelLuser and WardleDeBoss like this.
  2. We have some sort of plan for residence bookmarks, if I remember correctly.
    ShelLuser and WardleDeBoss like this.
  3. Yeah, but also keep in mind that tags are a thing as well. It's not full proof but it works. Aya also got tired of having to either fully type out my name (or use tab completion) so I started to use the shell tag. So instead of doing /v shelluser storage some players can also do /v +shell storage. /v shelluser-2 has become /v +shell2. Still a bit of typing but also still beats having to memorize numbers or typing out full names.

After I started doing this I never got any complaints about it. Aya did the same thing with her 4 residences and I know many have done the same thing.

As said: this system isn't full proof, because everyone can set up a tag, but even so, it's still useful.

Although I do like your suggestion I also can't help wonder if you don't risk building up a list which gets so big that you can no longer determine which is what ;) But a residence bookmarking system of some sorts could be extremely useful.

That's what I usually run into: finding a cool residence (or a shop), then completely forgetting where it was because I didn't use /loc (well, /res info, which reminds me of something) and hitting f2 before I got distracted by something else.
  4. That is actually a good idea with the tags; I may have to try it. The concern that the list would be too long would be up to the player.
  5. bump
    ShelLuser likes this.