[Suggestion] Amplified Biomes

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Cyberazaz101, Apr 22, 2018.

?

Would you like to live in an AMPLIFIED biome?

Yes 5 vote(s) 83.3%
No 1 vote(s) 16.7%
  1. I just had a random thought earlier today and wanted to just throw it out to see what others thought. I'm not saying this would be a good idea or even if it's possible but still would spice up the Wild/Waste. My suggestion is to add randomly generated biomes with the normal variants but with the "AMPLIFIED" world type settings, so there could be the floating islands and sky-tall mountains type of biomes spread throughout the world. I would expect them to be very rare but it would create opportunities for some cool builds in the Wild while giving more surface area for the Waste for gathering materials. Again, I don't even know if this is possible or even a good idea (with the lag of loading and such) but I think it'd be a fun addition to the Wilderness and Wastelands.

Example of "AMPLIFIED" world type:
    TomvanWijnen, q1zx and SkeleTin007 like this.
  2. +1 I like the idea!

It would definitely be something different. I don't think this is suited for the Frontier because I'd fear that it would disrupt too much, but it could definitely create a nice twist for a wasteland session.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. Amplified biomes, that may be a good idea but I would like to say some concerns about it as well. When you generate a Amplified world, it tells you that you should have a beefy computer for this as it will eat up space so it may not be the best idea depending on the server computer specs. I think that in order to limit what possible strain it would have on the server, it should be reserved to like the Utopia wastelands or frontier. But other than that +1
    We3_MPO likes this.
  4. -1

Players with bad computers cant handle this. My old PC would crash trying to load a world like this.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  5. I would agree on having them implemented in EMC but it might crash me so I am going +0
    We3_MPO likes this.
  6. It is an interesting idea to consider, to have like a second wasteland or second frontier to have a special generation.

Emc is rather complicated as is. So I think having as an extra world would be unwise. I also don't think we would want to replace the default generation for the wastelands.

So IF we were to bring in the amplified biomes. It would seem necessary to have it distinct from the wastelands/frontier. Requires some extra thought...

An idea I just thought of, which I kinda like. Is to modify the wasteland world generation PER server. So there is more of certain biomes on a given server. Think of the hunger game books where each district produces a specialized product. I don't think we would want it to be a single biome like in the latest snapshot (Buffet)
  7. Could this be an idea for utopia waste/frontier maybe?
    We3_MPO and SkeleTin007 like this.
  8. +1 If it's limited so it's not laggy.
    SansTheTimeLord and We3_MPO like this.
  9. I do second the idea of maybe having a separate server types of worlds.
  10. i agree it would be really interesting and fun to see. I wonder if we could change the world gen algorithm to only occasionally generate amplified.. so its something you occasionally stumble into (and low end machines can avoid those areas) within the wastelands.
  11. I like that idea. Maybe have the biomes more temperate (both medium biomes and cold temperate) for 1, 4, and 7, more cold/polar (snowy, and temperate ones with snow higher up) for 2, 5, and 8, and more warm/tropical (jungle, desert, savanna, and mesa) for 3, 6, 9, and utopia, as well as more water (of the correct ocean temperature, of course) for odd number SMPs and more land for even numbers and utopia.

I like that idea. I'd recommend only wastelands or more than a certain distance out from already generated terrain, though, so it doesn't create any hideous borders in or near existing frontier outposts.
  12. We would never mess with the Frontier for that reason, especially since disk space is permanent there.

We at least reset wastelands, and its size capped, so increased disk usage is less of a concern.
    SansTheTimeLord and We3_MPO like this.
  13. OK, good to know. Thanks!
    SansTheTimeLord likes this.
  14. This appears to be the best place to comment on this. Since the topic of world generation is already on the table. For a long time, I have thought it would be cool if there were another area accessible through the utopia server that would help enrich the Utopia experience. This idea is based on what I have seen is possible with a plugin called Biome Bundle.

Some of you may already be familiar with what Biome Bundle is, and others may not, but it really spices up the terrain in minecraft, and then it also does random generation of hundreds of structures throughout the landscape.

I think it would be cool if the developers were able to find a way to implement this into a new area accessible via Utopia, and then maybe some of the custom blocks could be brought back to the Utopian town to build with on a Utopian res, but these custom items would not be cross server / vault-able. This would then give Utopia a unique place in which to build and explore.

(After further discussion with my daughter LadyJaye, I was informed that the blocks are not really custom, but merely reflect custom design / shading / tint according to the particular biome they reside in, and technically all of the items are at their core - Vanilla. )

I know this may be over the top, but felt it was worth mentioning for consideration.

The site is : https://www.openterraingenerator.com/

Here is a short youtube video to showcase some of the possibilities made available when using Biome Bundle : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8MP7KFKrqU

(I am extremely tired atm having worked a 12hr shift, and have been up for almost 17hrs atm, so please forgive if this doesn't make sense. Yea, that may not sound too bad, but I think the meager amount of sleep over the past 3 days at a total of maybe 12hrs is what is really taking a toll.)

Anyways, I know you guys here are great at what you do, and I feel that this could prove to be a good resource, if only to just find some nifty structures that might could be generated in our own custom Empire area. I also feel that something like this would not only give us that fresh landscape to explore as I feel the OP is suggesting with an amplified area, but I think this would also not be so hard on those who do not have "beefy" computers.

To the OP, I was not trying to highjack your suggestion, I actually quite like it, and feel something along these lines would definitely be a nice addition to a server on the Empire. Either way, I look forward to see what lies on the horizon for this kind of an endeavor in the Empire.

GoodKnight

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
    SansTheTimeLord, We3_MPO and Tuqueque like this.