[Suggestion] Allow PVP Flag!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by EquableHook, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Ok ok ok... Hear me out before this gets downplayed hardcore.

I like most have been brought back to EMC due to Covid-19 and such and I have a new sudden urge to create mini games/player hosted events with my residences.

One of the mini games I would personally like to create are capture the flag games, king of the hill, arrow spleef, and other PVP related games. Unfortunately these games aren't possible due to the fact that the PVP flag is currently not a flag normal players can access.

Suggestion:

Allow players to access the PVP flag with other items added in to ensure that it isn't abused for stealing and such.

(EquableHook) Turns PVP flag on a specific residence.
    (Wafflecoffee) Attempts to enter said residence, but is prompted to a chest layout GUI that they understand that PVP flag is on which includes;
    • PVP is enabled on this residence and players can die
    • You will not loose your items upon death
    • Players can take damage from outside sources such as lava, arrows, TNT etc...
    • If you DO NOT agree with said terms you will be permitted to enter the residence until you agree with said terms. (Feature added when agreeing to terms)
    (Wafflecoffee) Agrees to all terms and is allowed to enter the residence which has PVP enabled.
    Please note mentioned players above do not endorse said suggestion, but they can declare wether they endorse said suggestion below.
    I think having that GUI interface pop up before a player attempts to enter the residence would make the difference since they have to read and understand what they are getting themselves into. Only then when they agree to the terms can they enter the residence.
    Alrighty Im ready to get fired by the million arrow fire dispensers about this suggestion.
    607, DrasLeona247, Windylava and 14 others like this.
  2. Oof. Can someone remove the one from the title page. Meant to be an exclamation mark!

-Thanks
  3. I feel that the server devs should continue to focus on 1.16 first. Once that is complete, then perhaps we can visit this idea? :)
  4. I like the idea, cause then you can add it in like a subzone.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  5. It is just a suggestion, also 1.16 is pretty close :p
  6. But it's not out yet, no? Once EMC is on 1.16, then we can talk about additions, otherwise we'll just bombard the 2 devs we have with "extras" when the main focus of a server upgrade is lost. ;)
  7. Nobody said they had to work on this right now, its just an idea and getting peoples opinions on it.
    607, Burki, FadedMartian and 2 others like this.
  8. I have actually thought about this idea a lot Mr. Hook.

I have wanted this SO badly... for a very long time. It seriously needs to be a thing. I love making minigames, and a PVP flag would be next level. I really don't care about 1.16, if I had to choose between the two I would choose the PVP flag 100%.

:love: :<3: +10000000000
  9. As long as there is a clear warning that the flag is enabled, +1 from me.
  10. +1
    But what would happen in the res if a player is standing when the flag is turned off and it turns on?
  11. Probs the same thing that happens when res flag gets set off
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  12. Given the boot, but then they could re-enter if they agreed to the terms when the flag is enabled.
    607 likes this.
  13. Love the idea can't wait to see if it's approved.
  14. I really want Empires to get completed too. And don't forget Dragon Tombs, that would be really cool.
    FadedMartian and EMCFateBot like this.
  15. The running joke of EMC is that Dragon Tombs and Empires are "next" on the development list. ;)
    Cyberazaz101 likes this.
  16. Dragon tombs, finally get a use from my bazzilion dragon stones. That would be cool.
  17. Maybe this could be a dystopia town exclusive? (if dystopia ends up having a town)
  18. +1 from me!

Is... is that a thing?
  19. Soon. :p
    Kryarias likes this.
  20. Dragon tombs is a myth now
    ConductorConduit and Kryarias like this.